Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kat Von D Haul

Hello again readers!

Like many others, I have succummed to the pull of the Kat Von D selections at places like Sephora, Marshals, and TJ Maxx. Unfortunately, even though I went out for just two (Lolita and Vampira) I didn't find them, instead I ended up picking up a variety of other goodies instead, and made my wallet cry a little bit (because these deals are fantastic).


From Sephora, I picked up the A-Go-Go Painted Love Lipstick, and two Everlasting Love Liquid Lipsticks in Backstage Bambii, and Bow and Arrow.


The older packaging for this lipstick, is definitely bulky. It even feels heavy in my palm. I really do love the decorated cap though, because I can't get enough of the tattoo-inspired artwork.


A-Go-Go is orange. Straight up orange. There's really nothing else to the color at all. 

The lipstick is pigmented, and the only issue I had was that it's decently dry. It's not like the pigment doesn't come off onto the skin (obviously it does) but it dragged over my skin, and my lips when i went to test it out.

The formula is definitely a long-wearing lipstick formula, even a little drying. I had this last on my lips for a good few hours, with minimal middle-wear, and a bit of smearing on the edges, before taking it off completely. Wearing a lip balm underneath would make this lipstick more comfortable to wear, but would affect the longevity of the product.



These were my first experiences with the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks, and I was sort of... scared? I think that's the best way to describe these - longwearing, doesn't come off unless you use a good makeup remover or an oil - what's not to fear, that's some commitment!


Bow and Arrow:
A very brown-tone lipstick, with just the right amount of pink to make it wearable. This I thought for sure wasn't going to work with me, and I was pleasantly surprised. It makes my skin look extra pale, but in a good way, I suppose.

Backstage Bambi:
A bright, almost neon pink. I was really overwhelmed with this, and I don't like to wear it alone.

The Everlasting Love Liquid lipsticks I feel to be pretty great. They're worth their hype, for being longwearing lipsticks that survive eating and long periods of time. I feel that if the lipstick is lighter, it gets better coverage, because they're less noticeable if the application is lighter in one spot, and not the others. The darker colors, like Bow and Arrow, need two coats to be opaque; if there's too much product put on at once, it will crack and peel; if there's not enough, it looks like you haven't quite finished.

Since these were the older formula, I'm sure some things were changed, but for now, the biggest issue I have with these is that they separate like crazy. Before I apply, I have to shake it up to re-mix the pigment and the medium in order to get the best application possible.


At Marshall's, I picked up two Everlasting Love Liquid Lipsticks in Outlaw, and Berlin, and a Eau de Parfum Rollerball in Poetica. I admittedly don't know a thing about perfume, so I had to look up what they're supposed to smell like.

I felt both of the fragrances were very rich, musky, and not necessarily meant for daily wear. I know I couldn't pull off, and I was pleased that they reacted well with my body chemistry, but I wouldn't go out of the house smelling like these any time soon. These are geared I suppose for those who like deeper, sultry scents, or for nights out.





Berlin:
A warm, salmon colored pink. This shade is also the one that came in the Black Friday set, but that contained the new formula.

Outlaw:
A true red. This is the perfect pinup red, and just looks fantastic, and I wasn't even going to buy this one originally! It looks so flattering on a large amount of skin tones, and dare I say this is almost a must have if you're into reds.


And at TJ Maxx I found another Eau de Parfum Rollerball in Sinner.



Not bad for a clearance haul, if I say so myself. I'm still lamenting I never got my hands on my wishlist items, but I managed to expand my collection a little bit more and also expand my horizons.

It's still worth checking out places like Marshall's, and TJ Maxx, because you never know if you'll find a goldmine, or nothing, so if you have the means, make the trip out and search your local stores.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment