Saturday, October 4, 2014

Shopping Sarah's Stash

Hello again readers!


I know that the fad is 'shopping your stash', but my sister has a collection of her own. While I prefer oxblood, blue, or mint polishes, she has a vast array of different shades in her collection. Mine might be bigger, but hers has more variety. 

She was kind enough to let me go through her polishes and pick out some that I wanted to swatch! It's nice for me, because it lets me try out some colours I might not go for, and see if I like them enough to purchase for my own collection. 


China Glaze -In The Lime Light (Neon)

I was always impressed with China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) that I've loved for ages, and it turns out, the other neons in their line are just as brilliant. They have this glow to them that just attract your eyes. In the Lime Light (Neon) is, well, a neon green shimmer. Very bright! It's also very sheer. I used three coats, and it seems four might just be better. It's a surprisingly wonderful shade, that's very flattering.


 China Glaze - Pink Voltage  (Neon)

Another brilliant neon. Pink Voltage is a bright, neon pink, with a blue/violet duo-chrome shimmer. It reminds me a lot of the old-formula Sinful Colors Daredevil. It only needs two coats for full application, and its very easy to control. Not sure about the nick missing on the ring finger. Bit of a fluke really.


China Glaze - Dance Baby

This is just the  most perfect Barbie pink if there ever was one. Dance Baby is a light, blue-toned pink creme that is absolutely gorgeous! I was surprised how good I felt wearing it, and I might just have to add this to my nail polish wishlist... Dance Baby only needs two coats to be fully opaque.


Lynnderella - Connect The Dots

Probably one of the two polishes in her entire collection that I'm incredibly jealous of (the other being the original formula of Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue!). Connect the Dots is the polish that started it all. It was highly coveted, often replicated, but it doesn't beat this one. Connect the Dots is a black and white topper with square, hex, and bar glitter with a very light sprinkle of holographic shimmer throughout. It really can't be beat (even if the price tag is intimidating) and though I have dupes, it was great to wear this one. It only needs one coat!

I was very thankful for her to let me 'shop' her stash, and I hope that in the future she'll let me do it again! I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment