Monday, October 5, 2015

L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner

Hello again readers!

I have a little review of a new eyeliner that I have recently added to my collection, the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner. The liner isn't too new, but it's definitely new to me, and I can never trust reviews that say 'oh this will stay on forever!' because of how oily/wet my eyes are. It's tragic. I do however really enjoy trying new liners, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

The Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner comes in five shades: Navy, Espresso, Slate, Bronze, and Blackest Black. Naturally, when I try a new liner, I almost always go for the black, so I picked up Blackets Black to try out.

The liners retail for $7-10 depending on where you purchase them, and I picked mine up for $6 during one of Ulta's 40% off sales for select drugstore cosmetics (L'Oreal was included at the time). It's always a good idea if you're money conscious to wait for deals to pop up, since there's always something going on!


In each liner purchased, you get the liner, which is contained in a glass jar with a silver lid, and an eyeliner brush. The brush included isn't bad by a long shot, and I remember fondly when I first started wearing gel/cream eyeliners (the Maybelline Eye Studio was my first love) and a similar brush was included. It gets the job done, the handle is long enough for good control, and the bristles are soft and don't tug on the eye. It's a nice companion to the liner, although I do use other brushes when I apply it.



It applies really easily, since the formula is so soft, but it also goes on a bit streaky too. I have to go over it twice to get full, opaque coverage. It dries down to a vinyl finish, which isn't too noticeable until hit with direct lighting.

It's definitely not waterproof. I have oily lids, and my eyes (especially my right eye for reasons unknown) water like crazy during the day. If it's sunny, or windy, or even just cold, my eyes start dripping like a leaky faucet. If this liner comes into contact with my tears, it disolves.

It also is not smudgeproof. I don't touch my eyes as much anymore, but when I do it's VERY easy to wipe away this liner.

I was really hoping this would work out for me, but it didn't. I'm not broken hearted about it, I'm just a bigger fan of matte finish eyeliner. I have used better liners and now I can cross this off my 'liners I have tried', list.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment