Monday, October 12, 2015

Too Faced Beauty Experts Darlings

Hello again readers!

I'm very excited when makeup companies make cute little sampler kits to try out a variety of products, without having to buy a full-size with hopes that it'll work for you. I picked up the Too Faced Beauty Experts Darlings set from Ulta for $20, and immediately cracked it open to see how well these products worked for me.


-----

Chocolate Soleil Bronzer



The Chocolate Soleil bronzer is a cult classic. It's been shown by a large variety of beauty gurus and their collections. It's something that smells so delicious and heavenly, since the bronzer has cocoa powder in the formula.

The bronzer is pigmented, and incredibly smooth. Just a tap, and product is picked up. It seems like a good plan, but for someone like me who is very pale, it can be very bad. Just a tap on the brush, and a bunch of pigment is picked up. I have to be very careful with this bronzer, because just a dab will do me.

The bronzer is too dark and warm for me, but it blends out beautifully. It'd be better suited for those with a medium skin tone.

-----

La Creme Lipstick – Dolly


The Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Naked Dolly is a nice, light nude. Sometimes it can wash me out, but when I pair it with a lip liner it's much more wearable. The formula is very creamy, moisturizing, and easy to wear on the lips, but it does fade very quickly with how creamy it is.

The biggest thing that I hate about this lipstick, is that it smells like soap to me. It's really off putting and very odd, and then I can taste it. I'm not a fan, and it stops me from wearing it as much as I would otherwise.

-----

Better Than Sex Mascara


The Better Than Sex mascara was something I really was looking forward to try. So many people raved about how beautiful their lashes looked  after using it, and I had to agree – at first.

When I first applied this to my lashes, it was a little hard to handle. The formula is very wet, and if I wasn't VERY careful, it'd get all over my lower lash line and my eyelid and on my cheek without me moving too much. It was frustrating, and ended up with me scratching at my face with a spooly brush to get the dried mascara off.

The other thing that I did not like about the mascara, is that it's a fiber mascara. While it left my lashes looking long, full, and beautiful, it also made them flake throughout the day, so i'd have little flakes of fiber and mascara sprinkled all over my cheeks and face. Very unflattering. It also smeared throughout the day so I was also left with those flakes and smudged mascara under my eyes. It made me look tired, and messy.

It works for so many people, and I was bummed when it didn't work for me.

-----

Shadow Insurance Primer

 I have a couple of reviews of this product, here and here. Like I've said, not my favorite, but I won't toss it away either.

-----

Overall, I really enjoy kits like these. I like the little deluxe sizes of products (not only are they cute, but they're enough to get a good feel for the product without committing to the price of a full-size just yet). Unfortunately I wasn't wild about any of these, so I won't be buying larger sizes. Too Faced just isn't my brand, I suppose.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment