Monday, November 2, 2015

Regrets #3: Lips

Hello again readers!

Almost to the end of the line with these. Today is a walk down memory lane, but they weren't good memories. Not by a long shot. These lipsticks were just appalling, in all of the worst kind of ways.


Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss - Nude Candy:
I bought this lipgloss (because YouTube made me buy it) and really had high hopes for it. That quickly came crashing down on top of me. This lipgloss SUCKED. I tried it on it's own, and at first really liked the color, the texture, and the taste. Very sweet like good candy, and not sticky! I discovered within FIVE minutes that it would settle into every line on my lips. Tried exfoliating, moisturizing, and then adding a lipstick to try it again: same effect. No matter what I did it would just settle into the lines of my lips and look awful.

Wet n Wild Balm Stain - Lady and the Vamp:
I had ... well, not high hopes, but descent hopes. I thought it'd be nice to have a sheer berry color, since I'm not a fan of opaque berry shades. I was instantly let down. The balm aspect of this product is almost non-existent. It's slick, but not moisturizing. As for the stain, it's almost laughable. The pigmentation of this product is so streaky, and just leaves my lips looking more like I took a bite out of a berry, than applied a lip product. The stain therefore comes out looking streaky, and it's just not something I wanted to keep around because of how much I disliked it.

Jordana Twist and Shine Balm Stain - Rock n Rouge:
Another balm stain that just didn't do it for me. I really enjoy the Twist and Shine Balm Stain in Honey Love, that one was a really good corpse color for me, but this one was just not as good. The color was a very warm red shade, which never work out for me. The texture was the biggest issue; there was glitter in the formula, and within a half hour of wear, it would dry down enough that that glitter would feel gritty and would irritate my lips. Applying more product made it worse. Taking it off, would leave small particles of glitter behind. I like Honey Love, I might just like some of the others, but I hated this one.

Elf Essential Lipstick - Pink:
I wasn't sure what to think about this. I've tried a couple of the ELF Essential Lipsticks, and got along with them just fine. They're creamy, they have pigment, and for a dollar they're pretty great, aside from how fragile and soft they are that they easily snap inside the tube. I picked this one after Halloween last year, and it just disappointed me instantly. It applied patchy, and would settle into my lines. The pink was not very flattering either, so it just looked unattractive. The only way to make it wearable was to layer a lot of product on my lips, but it was uncomfortable. For the record, I hated the red as well, since they both had the nonsense about them to feather out and move like crazy with how creamy they were.


Forever 21 Love and Beauty Velvet Lip Gloss Sets (missing a warm neutral):
This set isn't even offered anymore, but I was really looking forward to it when I saw them online. A nice little variety of different cream lipsticks that dried to a matte finish? Sign me up! The downside, is they are NOTHING like the full-sized Velvet Lip Glosses, at all.

The pigment on these were poor, patchy, and just awful. The smell was just as bad, smelling like baby powder and chemicals. They tried to be sweet, but they weren't. They did dry down matte, but the application went so bad I never wanted them on my lips for that long. I was really disappointed.

-----

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment