Monday, November 30, 2015

November Favorites

Hello again readers!

It's still so strange that I'm not working at the Haunt anymore, since it ended on November 7. It seems so long ago, and even though I've seen some friends from work since then, I miss them all terribly.

Aside from that, I've been working on getting my skin back under control. I've had my cystic acne come up to a head in places, and while it's still really bad, it's getting better. A lot of my makeup choices have been reflecting on that.


Elf Lip Balm Tint – Peach:
I've been just wanting simple lip looks lately, and since it's getting drier out might as well use a balm-tint. Peach is such a nice shade for daily wear because it's not too dramatic, but adds a nice flush of warm color to the lips.

Blackbird Cosmetics – Subtract:
If you don't know by now I am obsessed with grey-toned contour shades for my face. Subtract is a true matte grey that can be very subtle or very intense depending on how much pigment I pack on my face. It looks really natural and makes me feel really great about my makeup.

Metal Makeup Palette:
I picked this up from Ebay quite a while ago and just, never used it. Recently since I've had to mix in white foundation I've gained appreciation for it. It's a lot easier to put my foundation on this palette instead of on the back of my hand. It's a lot more hygienic as well as easier to clean up – I don't have to clean up immediately and it's better to forget to sanitize and wipe down the plate, compared to the back of my hand. Less embarrassing this way.


Nivea Men Post-Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin:
I didn't like this before, but I'm converted now. I used it before exclusively on areas on my body that I shave (it's fantastic for that) and tried it on my face as a primer a couple of times, and hated it. I recently tried it again since with all of this extra acne fighting it's been drying out the areas riddled with the acne. With fall moving onto winter, I can see this as being my go-to primer because it helps with keeping in a bit of moisture as well as keeping my makeup in place.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation – 101 Classic Ivory:
My initial thought was this foundation was going to be too dark, but no. Mixed with a white mixer and blended in, the foundation looks pretty damn perfect. It has a light to medium coverage, and every time I use this, I am just smitten with how good my skin looks. It doesn't cover up major imperfections, and lets my freckles show through, but it evens out my skin tone making it look really healthy.

Mario Badescu – Buffering Lotion:
I brought out the big guns this month. This is such a powerful product for taking down acne. I put some on after I wash my face before bed, and let it do it's magic. It dries out those spots a lot (so if you have dry skin, beware), but it helps take out the impurities in my skin. I'm really grateful for it because in the past month since work let out it cut the amount of cystic acne on my chin by half. 


Fyrinnae Lip Lustre – Ominous:
I'm so in love with this product still. It's the perfect dark lip, without being too deep. A violet-toned grey lipstick. It feels great, and even with being so creamy, it doesn't really smudge much, just starts to fade on my inner lips. It's such a fantastic product, Fyrinnae really knocked these out of the park.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick – Taupe:
I took forever to really get use out of this product. I use this as a base for other shadows, or when I'm lazy I just smudge this all over the lids for a grunge look and blend it out. It looks like I put a lot of effort into my look, without taking much time at all. Perfect if you're lazy like me.

Softlips – Vanilla:
This is back yet again, but for a slightly different reason than last month. I've been going through my makeup, getting a feel for the products that I like, and the products that just don't work for me anymore. When you're swatching about 100 lipsticks you can use as much help as you can get.

House of Uni Lipstick – Fountain of Lust:
I have been loving this lipstick. It takes a little work, because it fades in the middle rather quickly, but working with it makes it worth it. It's beautiful, it's pigmented, and just such a unique color. I didn't have anything like it in my collection and couldn't help but add it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment