Monday, November 23, 2015

Sonia Kashuk Color Crazed 10 Piece Brush Set

Hello again readers!

I recently picked up the Sonia Kashuk Color Crazed 10 Piece Brush set from Target since it's on sale, and I was so happy to have found it! Once I saw that they released blue/teal brushes, I couldn't resist! Since I loved the last brush set so much, once I had the opportunity to get this one, I snatched it right up and since then I've been testing them out in various ways, and I'm pleased to be able to do this review finally after so much trial.


Like the 15th Anniversary Brush set, this set has the gold design on them at well giving them a regal and luxurious look. They all have a weight to them and the quality of these brushes is really good. I don't have to worry about them breaking easily, and all of the bristles have stayed in place after the initial washing.

Since the bristles are dyed you have to wash these before using these. It's a little scary washing them and seeing all of that blue dye start swirling down the drain, but it doesn't make the bristles look any less vibrant.

The bristles are all incredibly soft and I loved how they felt on my face. Using these is a delight, and there are quite a few that I've been reaching for over the past set.

Domed Powder Brush



Unlike the other powder brushes I have, this one has a pointed edge. I was expecting to hate this on principle because I thought for sure it wouldn't give me enough coverage when I would go to powder my face and I was pleasantly surprised. The pointed edge allows me to easily set my under-eye concealer as well getting into the nooks and crannies of my face (mainly around my nose!) without much effort. Even though it has a pointed tip, the bristles splay out and it doesn't hinder the speed of powder application for the rest of my face. 

Frankly, I found I liked reaching for this brush over all of my others for touch ups, because it let me add extra powder to my oily t-zone, while avoiding the areas with less oil buildup so I didn't look cakey by the end of the day.

Flat Blusher Brush


I've used this blusher brush for quite a few things: applying basic blush, for applying baked blush, for blending out liquid/cream blushes.

The smaller shape of this, makes the application of blush more precise and packs on the pigment. It can get overwhelming very easily, so it's best to start off with just a little bit of pigment and work up to more instead of doing what I did the first time and just doing my usual routine (it did not work in my favor on that day).

I still prefer fluffier blusher brushes over this one.

Synthetic Buffing Brush



I was fully prepared to hate this. I never really reached for the other one much, but paired with the synthetic foundation brush,  I actually enjoyed it. It buffed out my foundation and concealer easier than I expected, and even with the odd shape, it still managed to reach the areas around my nose without too much trouble. I still prefer flat-top buffers over this, but this one isn't bad.

Angled Contour Brush


I can't get enough of straight-edged contour brushes! I was really happy to see this included because I really love how easy it is to carve out the cheekbones, and contour the nose. The shape makes the line a little easier to apply than a flat-top contour brush, and I was really thankful for that. The bristles aren't super dense, so I put the line down, and then sort of turn the brush in an angle so I can blend it out. If I want super sharp cheekbones, I'll reach for this.

Synthetic Foundation Brush


Generally I hate these sorts of brushes but after working at the Haunt, I've found a new appreciation for them. I really like this for mixing foundations and then painting it onto my face, letting me blend it only a little bit before going in with a buffing brush to spread the foundation out and blend it into my skin. As a one-step foundation brush, these suck, but as a prepping foundation brush, I like them. Funny how thoughts change over time.

Large Eyeshadow Brush


Always pleased to have new fluffy eyeshadow brushes. I use this full a full wash of color all over my lid, either for prepping for eye looks, or if I'm going for a one-color eyeshadow look. It's easy to use, easy to pack on the color, and easy to blend out shadows. Really nice eyeshadow brush.

Crease Brush


I wasn't too wild with this one, unless I use this to put down a crease shade to start off my eye looks. If I use this to put in shadow after I put down my lid shade, I find that it's too thick to get the look I want. I don't reach for it much for my eye looks, but I like this for also contouring the sides of my nose, or if I'm having a masculine day, to contour around my eyes.

Synthetic Concealer & Lip Brush


These brushes are always useful for covering up spots, defining the brows, or even fixing eyeshadow mistakes, because these synthetic brushes and concealer were just made for each other. Thought to try to use this brush for my lips too; and I loved it. The brush is thick enough that it makes easy sweeps of color over the lips, and the pointed tip lets me line my lips with the color making the application look even and polished. Really a shining diamond in the rough, and an unexpected favorite.

Bent Eyeliner Brush


I love this brush. No, I mean I LOVE this brush. This makes the most beautiful, sharp wings and allows me to get to my inner corners with ease. I used this brush to try out the new Colourpop Gel Liners, and it was like a match made in heaven.  

Lash and Brow Groomer

This is another brush that I feel like everyone should have at least one of in their collection. To brush through brows to get them to lay right, to sheer out brow color, and to brush through lashes to separate them after applying mascara. This little tool is super handy, and does so much with so little. 

-----

All in all, I was really pleased with the entire collection of brushes in this set. I used all of them, and I know I'll continue to use almost all of them often. It was well-rounded and well thought out.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment