Friday, December 4, 2015

Becca Glow on the Go Set

Hello again readers!

I was really happy to get my hands on this set, because I've been wanting to try Opal for ages and ages now. Since I returned another product, I used that money to go towards this so it was really cheap for me!


The BECCA Glow on the Go duo comes with a Shimmering Skin Perfector (SSP) Pressed and Spotlight Wand, both in Opal. Now it's funny, because I have three of the liquid SSP in Opal, but this is my first pressed version of the highlighter.



The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, comes in a small plastic container, which has .085 oz of product. The powder feels so smooth to the touch, and just one swipe picks up a lot of pigment!



The SSP Spotlight Wand contains .17 oz of product, and comes with a wand applicator, with flat sides. I like the applicator for the reason that the flat sides hold onto a lot of product, and once I pull it out I can highlight my entire face without having to dip the wand back in again.


I was really happy with both of these products. The pressed version of the SSP I found to be super intense (contrary to photos where I used one swipe of the pressed for swaches, while I jsut used one side of the want for the swiped swatches and a the whole other side for the "blended" swatch, that's my bad) if I wasn't careful. I apply the pressed version with a fan brush, and I sweep it over my cheekbones, tip of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. I just tap my brush into the product, and it's enough. If I swiped my brush through the product, or went in for more powder, I could very quickly look super radiant,and a little over-highlighted.

The Spotlight Wand version I was in love with. It creates a very natural glow to the skin, and it's really easy to apply. I just apply a few dots over my cheekbones, one tiny dot on my nose, and one dot on my cupids bow and blend in with my finger. It catches the light without being too intense, and just looks like I have nice, dewy skin.

If I'm going for a glam look, I use the two products together to create a highlight that you just can't ignore. It catches the light in such a gorgeous way.

I like how i have a little variety with Opal, and that I have three different ways to use them! The set retails for $20.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment