Friday, October 9, 2015

Makeup Geek Pigment - Insomnia

Hello again readers!

I wanted to throw out a quick review of the one (and only) Makeup Geek pigment: Insomnia.  I've been wanting to try out Insomnia for a long time, since it's raved about so much on the internet for being a MAC Blue Brown pigment dupe. Now, I love my MAC Blue Brown pigment, and I don't mind the healthy competition that goes up against it. Anyway to cut corners and save some of those pennies, right?


I have the Insomia in the smaller jars (the jars that hold 2g of product), that retailed for $6 a piece. They now have Insomnia in the new jars, which they say holds 6g of product, for $12 a piece. Cheaper than MAC, that's for sure.


The inside of the jar, has a sifter, in the form of a small hole. I already fell into issues with small openings with my Sized-to-Go pigments, because the openings are SO SMALL. It helps control spilling, but it's really hard to just dip your brush into the pigment. It's a little frustrating, because it's harder to control how much comes out, even if I'm just taping some into the cap.


Now the pigment itself is definitely lower quality than MAC. The color isn't as vibrant, and the texture feels different. MAC's pigment feels very smooth, while MUG's pigment feels more powdery. 

On the eye it needed a tackier base to really build up the color on the lid, but it did blend out well just like the MAC pigment.

Now it really comes down to price. You can get more in the MUG pigment, compared to the MAC pigment, so if you're looking to save money MUG is the way to go. If you're looking for quality, MAC is definitely what I'd recommend.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment