Friday, May 6, 2016

Wet n Wild Summer 2016 Lost in the Wildflowers Collection

Hello again readers!

Wet n Wild released some new limited edition products for Summer, and for once I found the display at my local Walgreens (usually I have to travel to get my hands on anything limited edition such as this). I couldn't resist trying a little bit of everything, aside from the nail polish. There were 4 Megalast Nail Polishes in this collection, but I wasn't fond of any of the colors, so I passed on them.

-----

Megaglo Multi-Stick

This is not my first time using a highlighting stick from Wet n Wild, but when there were three new options; pink champagne (Marigold Round), light rose pink (Light Up My High-Biscus), and a peachy-coral shade (Carnational Anthem).



These sticks can be used on the face, eyes, and lips, making a very cohesive all-in-one look. Marigold Round I chose because I am a sucker for good highlighting shades. The downside of picking such a light shade (for myself) is that I never found myself using it for anything other than a cheek highlight, perhaps a little bit of a brow-bone highlight. I didn't like it much as an eyeshadow without adding other shades in the look, and I didn't like it as a lip color either.

Like the stick product I've used before, I was blown away with the lasting power. Even with my oily skin, as long as I set the stick with a powder, it lasted all day on me, without fading or losing intensity.


For comparison's sake, I compared the new Marigold Round stick to the Pocahontas Great Spirit Highlighting Stick from the Disney Dare to Dream collection from last summer.


They're both champagne shades, with Marigold Round a more pink toned champage and Great Spirit a more yellow-toned champagne. They're just different enough in color that I can justify keeping both in my collection.

I loved this stick so much, I went ahead and bought Carnational Anthem, since I fell in love with the beautiful warmth of the shade and I can definitely see myself using that shade all over my face.

This product retails for $3.99.

-----

Megaglo Highlighting Powder

There were two highlighting powders in the collection; Precious Petals, and Crown of my Canopy. I chose Precious Petals as Crown of my Canopy was far too dark for me to use as a highlighter, as it's directed towards more medium to deep skintones. The packaging is a sleek black plastic with a clear plastic lid so you can accurately see the product.


The powder is absolutely gorgeous. It has an embossed petal design, perfect for summer. It looks very delicate and really luxe for a drugstore highlighting powder.


Precious Petals is a very pink-toned champagne. It's really dark in the concentrated swatch, but it blends out into a much more wearable highlighting shade if applied lightly.

This powder is absolutely gorgeous, even to the touch. It's very soft, finely milled pressed powder and blends out so very effectively that I don't find it to be a hassle at all. I found it to last through the day on my skin while looking incredibly natural. It caught the light in the perfect way, giving my face an incredibly healthy glow.

The biggest downside of this powder, is that it's SO soft that the decal in the powder I find will be brushed away quickly, unless you work at the corner and work your way to the other corner first.

This product retails for $3.99.

-----

Metallic Liquid Lipstick

This was one of the products that I was both really excited to try and also sort of dreading. I remember ages and ages ago in the late 90's when I would wear a frosty lipstick (handed down to me from my really cool aunt!) and ... it looked awful. Then again, as a kid I thought they looked great. As I got older, every time I tried a frosty, metallic looking lipstick I wasn't a fan.

This range came with 6 exciting, unique colors: Peony Express (rose pink), My Tulips are Sealed (pink nude), Coming up Roses (cherry red), Chrysanthemum's the Word (warm bright pink), Days of Fuchsia Passed (bright fuchsia), and Indigo Your Own Way (light violet).

The packaging is the most impressive part of this product (to me, since the metallic lipstick I find to be a fad more than a huge wishlist item for me). It's incredibly sturdy, has a weight to it, and with the black cap it looks more like a mid-range product than a cheap lipstick from the drugstore!


The wand is absolutely perfect. It has a doe-foot applicator, but the kicker is it has a little indented reservoir to hold onto more product. It holds just the perfect amount that I found I never had to go back in (at least with the shade that I chose).

Multiple swatches on the left, one swatch on the right.

The shade that I chose was My Tulips are Sealed, which I found to be the most unique out of all the shades available. Most of the shades had a traditional metallic finish, where it has a sort of white/silver shimmer to catch the light. My Tulips are Sealed has a gold shift, and I was instantly smitten with this trendy lip color.

I'm going to start this off with that it's NOT a liquid to matte formula! It will not dry down to a matte finish. Rather, it's more like a traditional bullet lipstick, just in a tube. It does dry down a bit so it's not as slick, but it remains creamy and moisturizing on the lips. It's a very comfortable lipstick to wear.

It looks incredibly bright, washing me out a little bit. The lip color almost looked fluorescent in some lighting, and because of the metallic finish it always looked incredibly glossy. I managed to get 4 hours of wear before I noticed that it faded too much and only left behind the gold shimmer.

The biggest (and really only issue I truly had) is that with the shimmer, sometimes it would feel gritty if I pushed my lips together too much. It wasn't something I took notice of often, but on the off time that I would notice it I wasn't a fan. I took it as a good trade-off to have.

This product retails for $2.99. 

-----

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment