Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks

Hello again readers!

As you've seen before, I went a little crazy with my Milani Lipstick Purchases. I was really excited to try out new lipsticks, and this was the first time I've ever tried a lipstick from Milani.

I wasn't sure what to expect, so the first time around, I only picked up four, then went back for the other four that I chose!

From Left to Right: Sangria, Uptown Mauve, Flirty Fuchsia, Best Red, Hot Pink Rage, Fruit Punch, Nude Creme
And after the photo was taken, I realized I forgot one:

Rose Hip

Sangria: A beautiful red-violet berry shade. In the tube, it looks really intimidating and dark, but on the lips it goes on with a more red-tone. Also, this is a matte lipstick and it's pretty moisturizing. Best of both worlds! It goes on a little sheer, but you can build it up to be darker.
DUPE: Color dupe for Wet n Wild - Sugarplum Fairy

Uptown Mauve: A beautiful (in both shade and formula) berry. When I think of mauve, I think of a darker shade, but this was surprisingly pink on the lips, and one of my favourites that I purchased! It's definitely flattering, and looks gorgeous.


Flirty Fuchsia: A berry pink with a phenomenal shine. It's a little light, but it wears wonderfully. Absolutely amazing.

Best Red: A cool-toned red matte. Really, not much to say about this, because it's a classic. I may not reach for it as often as say, Chaos, but I'll definitely reach for it over it's dupe...
DUPE: Color Dupe for L'Oreal La'laque

Hot Pink Rage: A warm toned bright pink matte. True to the color of the tube, and it goes on great! 

Fruit Punch: A warm-toned pink cream. Not sure how much I like this one, when I see it in the tube, I always go 'meh', but when I apply it, I like it. It's a little brighter than I'm used to, but sometimes you need that extra pop.

Nude Creme: A perfect nude lip color, a great pink-toned nude. Truly, this was the shade that started my new nude/nude pink lip color obsession! I used to be all about reds and dark, vamp-y shades, and now I can't get enough!

Rose Hip: A cool-toned bright pink. I actually love this more than I thought (I am partial to cooler toned products) but this is just WOW. Really eye-catching.

They all are decently priced at about 5 dollars a piece, and with sales, they're even cheaper! They are all so creamy and moisturizing, and they don't bother me throughout the day with how they wear on the lips.

Even better, even the mattes are moisturizing on the lips, not drying like my all-time favourite mattes, Wet n Wild Megalast.

I was really impressed with these, and I really liked all of them! I can see an occasion for each of these, and they're so easy to just wear and walk out the door. Another thing I like about these, is even though they are so creamy, they are really easy to apply directly to your lips, without a lot of error. Which really, makes it easier to apply since you don't need to carry a brush along with you.

The only downside that some people may have, is that they all smell like watermelon candy. Like Jolly Ranchers. I love how they smell, but some might not be too keen on them.

Really, for around five dollars, with fantastic wear? I couldn't recommend these enough! Even if some are dupes of shades I already own.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment