Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Covergirl Lip Perfection - Embrace

Hello again readers~


I have a lipstick for you, and well, strap yourselves in. This is going to be an adventure.

Another item I snagged durring the CVS clearance sale was this lipstick: Covergirl Lip Perfection in Embrace.

It was usually about 8 dollars, but I bought it for four.

I was really entranced by the dark violet colour of the 'swatch' on the tube.


When I went to photograph it, it always leaned too warm! It's actually much darker, like:

From Google Image Search

And since it retails for 8 dollars, I thought I'd get a great lipstick.

Wrong.


This is after multiple swipes. It goes on so sheer, and it has a huge issue with randomly depositing chunks of product here or there, even if lips are fully moisturized. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's however, really creamy so it has that going for it, but nothing will redeem the smell of this. It reeks of chemicals, that try too hard to smell like cake and perfume. It's not pleasant, and it just makes me feel squeemish

Also, the product felt drying on my lips! You would think with something so creamy, it'd be more moisturizing. It wasn't.

There are only two things I love about this: the packaging, and the stain.

The packaging is sleek, a purple-toned silver. It looks really fantastic, and a flash of shine to really catch your eye. Easy to find in your purse.

The stain of this, is the only  way I'll get through the tube. The lipstick is disgusting, and I hate it, but the stain is a bright fuchsia pink. The stain wears off oddly, but it lasts most of the day, so I wouldn't mind applying this just to wipe it off for the stain.

Was it worth 8 dollars? I don't think so, but that's my opinion.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment