Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday Spam - Nail Polishes

Hello again readers!

I have a lot of polishes to show you all, so strap in and enjoy!

Revlon - Mistletoe


Mistletoe is a charcoal base polish with gold and green glitter. I bought this forever ago on clearance for under a dollar, and never got around to swatching it. It applies in two coats, and the formula is a little on the runny side. 

Finger Paints - Colorful Collage


Colorful Collage is a clear base loaded with chunky holographic glitter. It was a little hard to get them spaced out, since they wanted to clump together, but it was easy enough separating them again. This is just one coat over Sinful Colors - Coffee.

Finger Paints - Bombshell



I keep finding the Peridot dupes everywhere, and I finally picked one up just to have one. Bombshell is a gold/green duochrome. It shows the brushstrokes, which is always a little bummy, but it applied well.

Spoiled - Champagne Siren


Champagne Siren is a gold glitter suspended in a clear base. This is packed with glitter, but not enough to wear on it's own. This polish is a great one to have to just "fancy" up your manicure. Adding a little touch of glitter to spice it up.

Maybelline - Color Show - Ageless Olive


Ageless Olive is a grey-green polish with little silver flakes throughout. I love mattes, but you definitely need a ridge filler to make them look good. I love this polish, however, and it was just gorgeous, so when I saw it when I was out with Ani? I couldn't resist! It applied in just two coats.

Salon Perfect - Shocked


I actually returned this, so I don't have it worn on the nail, but Shocked is made up of hot pink and blue glitter in a clear base. You can wear it over a colour, or on it's on with three coats. I did four to be safe. It would need a couple layers of top coat to be smooth, since it's gritty to the touch otherwise.

Salon Perfect - Kaboom


Kaboom is a neon green and blue glitter suspended in a clear base. It's a dupe of Floam, so i you want to save a few dollars this is a good alternative. It applies with three coats, four to be safe, or layered over a colour. It also needs a couple layers of top coat if you want it smooth, otherwise it will be gritty.

Orly - Matte FX - Green Flakie Topcoat



Orly Matte FX in Green Flakie Topcoat is something I'm really glad to have in my collection. It's a nice blue-themed flakie, that is said to dry matte. I think it dries more of a semi-matte, since it still looked so shinny! I tried one coat over Wet n Wild Teal Slowly and See, and over Maybelline Ageless Olive.

Essie - Skirting the Issue



One of the many shades I just can't get enough of - blood reds. Essie - Skirting the Issue, is a beautiful blood red jelly. This is with three coats, and as you can see, you can still see some nail tips/gunk. Yuck! I think this is a fantastic polish for jelly sandwiches, but I don't see myself wearing this on it's own.

Funky Fingers - Jawbreaker


After seeing Pretty in Polished's version of Jawbreaker, I was itching for one for my collection. Lucky for me, I found an almost-dupe with Funky Fingers - Jawbreaker. It's a fantastic polish, that wears alone with just three coats. Packed with colourful glitter that just makes you think of candy, it's a wonderful polish to have. I even bought one for my sister!

Charlotte Russe - Periwinkle


Periwinkle is actually not the name of this polish. Charlotte Russe doesn't have names for their polishes, or even colour numbers, so I had to name it myself. However, 'nameless' as it is, this is a wonderful polish. It applies in two coats, dries pretty quickly, and didn't give me any problem. I also really love the bottle as well. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment