Saturday, February 8, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Summer Collection

Hello again readers!

It's time again for another Throwback Thursday! 

When the summer collection of the Maybelline Color Tattoos launched, I only picked up two from the collection. I didn't want to spend more money on the others since I wasn't in love with them. Some of them are chrome shadows, and others just have high shimmer that really pop at you, but I didn't instantly fall in love with any of them besides Waves of White and Seashore Frost.

However, I saw that they were at Big Lots for a dollar, I just had to get them! (Which is how my little obsession truly started...).

Now presenting the last six shades in the collection.

Precious Pearl


Precious Pearl is a cream white with shimmer. I'm not the biggest fan of white shadows, ever, and aside from highlighting I don't really reach for them, but this is a nice subtle colour. I can see this as a browbone shade, or right in the inner conner. It's more like a sheer wash of colour than anything else.

Icy Mint


Icy Mint is a sheer mint shimmer. I'm always drawn to mint colours, even though I can't always pull it off, but I did pass this up the first time. Even being swatched for myself, I'm still not blown away. It's not that incredibly pigmented, and it's not really something that I could see myself wearing often at all.

Cool Crush


Cool Crush is a light, blue silver metallic. I liked this more than I thought I would. The pigmentation is really nice, and with a darker grey this would make a great smokey eye shade.

Sandy Shores


Sandy Shores is a bright yellow shadow with green duochrome. I was really surprised with this one, truly I was. I'm not the biggest fan of yellow, since it makes me look really sick, but this one just sort of stole my heart a little bit. 

Blue Paradise



Cool Crush is a darker blue-silver colour with a periwinkle shift. It's really unique, and I was kicking myself a little bit for not picking it up sooner. (Though, I guess I'm glad I didn't since I saved a little over four dollars by waiting...) 

Lavish Lavender



Lavish Lavender is a dusty lavender with heavy shimmer. This one stole my heart and ran away with it, and was my biggest bummer that I didn't pick up first round. Out of all eight of them, this is my second favourite (Seashore Frost is my number one), and this is one I can see wearing a lot.

From left to right: Precious Pearl, Sandy Shores, Icy Mint, Cool Crush, Blue Paradise, and Lavish Lavender
Layered over black, some of these really bring a new twist (the duochromes), though the rest I prefer on their own. These shades are pretty wonderful, and even the ones I wasn't overly impressed with I can see using in the future.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment