Sunday, February 2, 2014

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Glistening Garnet

Hello again readers!

This was my very first of the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows. They range anywhere from about 6-8 dollars, so they're a little on the pricey side of drugstore eyeshadows. I was really happy I snagged this for a little under four dollars, and couldn't wait to take it home.



Glistening Garnet is a berry-pink shade with a metallic finish. I really like how the shade is, because wearing it all-over-the-lid and in the crease is a bit like wearing Wet n Wild - Nutty. It adds depth right where it should be, and highlight right where it needs to.

And swatching it, turned out to be pretty incredible. At first, I was a little bummed, because of how sheer it was. To get any colour payoff, I either had to apply layer after layer, or I had to apply wet, and that's where I'm a little wishy-washy with my thoughts.
On the one hand, it works for adding just the right amount of sheer coverage, which makes this product good for blending out. On the other hand, to get any impactful pigmentation, I'd need to apply this wet, and I'm not such a big fan of foiling shadows.

I'm content with how the colour is, and it gives you a great one-shade look that all you really need is a bit of water to make it POP. 

I'm pretty curious how some of the other shades fair, and I'm dead-set on getting Iced Latte and Bronzed Taupe.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment