Friday, February 28, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie Shimmer Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer

Hello again readers!

Here's a product that was so well-loved, that it stepped out of being limited edition, and went right into a permanent spot.


The shimmer primer is packaged exactly the same as the original is in the sleek black tube, only difference is the large 'Shimmer' foil printed onto the side of the tube. If you like to rush in the mornings, make sure to double-check the side if you own both! (I have myself grabbed the wrong primer on a few occasions)


The primer itself is a pink-toned champagne, which my lighting really ate up the pink tones. For a primer, I was surprised how pigmented it was, I was expecting a subtle reflection of light, and I got a flush of colour on top of that! 

This primer also has the same fault as the original: the separation disorder. Sometimes if you don't use this every day (hey, even if you do use it every day), the formula will separate and when you squeeze the tube, it looks like a watery substance comes out first... It's not to be alarmed about, just kind of tap the tube against your hand to re-mix it, but it's still a bit of a hassle, especially if you're running short on time.


Blended out, I can't help but love it. It's good enough that if you really don't have much time, you can just blend it out all over the lid, set it with some translucent powder, and apply some mascara, which is really convenient if you don't want to worry yourself with eyeshadows, but still want colour.

With shadows on top, it really gives an extra illuminating quality to shimmer and glitter shadows, helping them perform better.

I'm not really one for shimmery shadows, so I don't reach for this too often, but I love this primer! I use it with my Profusion Holiday Palettes and Wet n Wild "Walking on Eggshells" palettes, and they just look so much better with that extra boost.

If you're looking to experiment with a shimmer primer, give this one a try. It's inexpensive at $5 dollars, and hey, you might even love it too.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment