Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Polish - New Base Coat and Top Coat Polishes

Hello again readers!

Wet n Wild finally launched some new 'nail care' polishes to their Wild Shine line; Base Coat and Matte Top Coat!

They're about a dollar each, though it's very easy to get them for about 70 cents a piece on sales, so they're really inexpensive, and even the most budgeted beauty lovers can splurge on these.


Base coat:

The base coat is really efficient. It doesn't pool off to the side, and it's fairly easy to apply. The only issue I have is that it takes a while to dry, which for me, is  bit of a downside. I don't really like doing manicures, so I like when my polishes dry fast. 

However, it dries a little 'stickier', which is great for when you're about to apply the colour to your nails! For a dollar, this is a great product, and I've been using it to do my swatches.

Matte Top Coat:

The matte top coat is pretty good too, for under a dollar. It goes on well, doesn't take too long to dry, and adds a nice top effect. I layered it over China Glaze - Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) below, and it is truly matte, but the shine effect is because of the shimmer that's in the polish.


The only downside I had, is I had to apply two coats to make the matte effect truly even, and it was a little frustrating, but for being so cheap it's not bad.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment