Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Top 10

Hello again readers!

This month has just flown by, hasn't it? I finished the fall semester of Uni (which was a roller coaster, I can't believe how many papers I managed to write) and have been taking it incredibly easy since. I've been decently social, and I've been doing some self-reflecting, resting, and relaxing during my break which was something I was really looking forward to. :) 

December Top 10


Black by Rue 21:
I can't reach for this enough. I really like wearing cologne on some days, and this is one of my favorites. It smells great, especially on my skin, which is a miracle in some cases. It doesn't smell overwhelming, and I like wearing it. It's inexpensive too, at 10 dollars, so I don't see it as an issue to replace it in the future.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer:
I got this in a sample kit, and I just sort of fell right in love with it. It's a little tricky to work with, because the tiniest tap against the powder, picks up a lot of pigment, and if I pick up too much it makes my face look muddy - but if I do it right, it looks fantastic. I like the smell, I like the look if I want to warm up my cheeks, and I can see this lasting me for a really long time too.

ELF High Definition Undereye Setting Powder:
The first time I ever opened this I thought for sure I'd hate it, because there is a fine shimmer, and I'm glad it proved me wrong. It makes the concealer under my eyes hold up throughout the day (a blessing for my dark circles and discoloration) and adds just the right amount of brightness too. I love it, and use it everyday. A little goes a long way!

NYX Nude Mate Shadow - Skinny Dip:
Gosh dang have I been reaching for this eyeshadow single! I used it on Christmas, I used it just because. It's not too over the top, but it's a great pop of color when I don't want something too overwhelming. 

Beauty MP Pump for Revlon Colorstay:
I was a little skeptical, witht he pump not really fitting as snug as I expected it to, but holy cow, this is a life saver! This is my favorite foundation of all time, and I used to waste so much product because I'd pour it on the back of my hand, and then pour too much. So I'd go through it quickly. This dispenses the perfect amount of product, and it's just -- Love.

Bath and Body Works Forever Red Vanilla Rum Perfume:
This is my feminine fragrance choice for December. With all of the events and holidays, I just wanted to wear something with a little extra. It has the scents that I love from the Forever Red fragrance, but a little bit muskier (I call it 'boozy', with the rum notes in the fragrance but that's apparently not that classy) that just suit me well. I reached for it a lot, and just enjoy having it on my skin.

MAC Kitschmas Pigment:
I finally caved and bought this pigment, and I'm so happy to have it in my collection. It's rather odd, because it's a little hard to really get a proper description on it. It's a lilac, but also pink, but also silver, and completely flashy. It looks great on it's own, with a base, but it was the perfect lid color for me. I used this instead of a nude pigment when I decided to wear makeup, and I can't get enough of it. 

DarlingGirl Cosmetics Soft Focus Blush - Greyicious Lilac:
I don't use this for a blush at all, because it's a great contour shade for me. I just swipe some on my skin and blend it out and it reads as shadows. I was incredibly pleased by how much I reached for this, and I just can't get enough. I can definitely see myself picking up a large size of this when I finally run out, it's so gorgeous!

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick - Canvas:
Finally bit the bullet and bought this. I've wanted to try these out, and this seemed like the perfect one for me, and I was right. It's incredibly flattering on the lips, and I love it so much. It dries to a matte finish, but isn't uncomfortable or drying on me.

Physicians Formula Eye Booster -  Ultra Black:
I didn't like this when I first used it, but now I haven't really touched my other liners much at all. Once I got the hang of it, I found it super easy and quick to apply, whether I wanted a thin line, or a thick line. Making a wing is also incredibly easy, and the formula is wonderful. It lasts all day, looks great, and holds up fantastically well.

Well, that wraps it up for the last favorites of the year. What a year it's been. I really hope next year is better.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment