Sunday, December 28, 2014

Softlips Balms and Cube - Vanilla Bean

Hello again readers!

I'm still searching for the perfect balm, and today I have a few contenders!

The traditional balms are pretty cute. Small, compact, and you can easily toss one in your purse without taking up too much space. They come in a variety of flavors, and to top it off, they're pretty darn inexpensive, usually around a dollar.


Birthday Cake is one of my least favorite Softlips flavors. It doesn't really resemble cake at all, and was just unpleasant. 

Vanilla on the other hand, was fantastic. Smelled great, tasted pretty good (it's inevitable that you eat some of your lip product when you're wearing it) and made my lips feel so soft! Definitely would pick this one up if I found it in a pack on it's own.

The cubes are a new addition to the Softlips line, and I wanted to try one for a while now. I picked out Vanilla Bean, because really vanilla is one of my favorite kind of lip scents that I can't get enough of.



The packaging is really unique. It's sort of like an EOS balm, but since it's square, it gives it a little extra. These are easier to store, I think, because you can just stack them, or place them neatly into a drawer. They might not be as attractive as a decoration though, if you choose to store your balms in plain sight.

The balm has a very sweet scent. Not overwhelming, but  not subtle either. The balm itself is what I wish the EOS balms were like - smooth to apply, and actually soaked into the lips. Using this balm is a pleasure, because after a while my lips feel moisturized and comfortable, and not tight and dry.

The downside I have for this balm, is that it has a bit of mint oil in it, because then it makes my lips sting just a little bit. It's one of the reasons that I'm not overly fond of mint flavors for around my mouth. It doesn't really do well for me, but since it's not an uncomfortable feeling, just odd, I don't see a large problem with it, but it is noticeable!

I wasn't a fan of the Birthday Cake flavor, but the other two did well in my book. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment