Thursday, March 26, 2015

Empties #1

Hello again Readers!

It may be a bit of a shock if you've been following me for a while, but this is the first empties post of 2015,  which is why I titled it as 'Empties #1'. It's not the first empties post I've ever done. Just wanted to clear things up if there was any confusion.

Asterisks are items I have backups of, or I  plan to repurchase.

Face and Body
 Dove Men + Care Extra Fresh Body and Face Wash - Empty*
Up and Up Acetone Nail Polish Remover - Empty*
April Fresh Apple Body Wash - Empty
Lume Leave in Tonic - Empty
T.N. Dickson's Witch Hazel - Empty*

Makeup Wipes
 Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - Empty. I didn't like these as much as their original, so I don't want to repurchase them again. There's still another variety I want to try before returning to the originals. A creature of habit, I suppose.
Dollar Tree Exfoliating Facial Wipes - Empty*
Diamond Wipes Cleansing and Makeup Remover - Empty
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths - Empty*

Face, Body, and Nails
 Bath and Body Works Fresh Market Apple Anti-Bacterial Lotion - Empty
Nivea Rasberry Rose Kiss Lip Butter - Empty
Bath and Body Works Rain-kissed Laves Moisture Rich Cleansing Bar - Empty. Mum bought this for me so I could use it on my face, but I really didn't like it. It left my skin feeling tight and over-dried. It didn't do much for my complexion either, aside from cleansing.
LUSH Charity Pot - Empty. I really disliked the scent of this, and even for a small sample, it took me almost an entire year to use it up because I disliked it so much... ick.
Crest Clinical  Health Toothpaste - Empty
GlamGlow Powermud Sample - Empty. It didn't do anything for my face. It was pretty useless, though I got a few uses out of it. It was a Sephora 100 point perk.
L.A. Colors Strawberry Scented Nail Polish Remover Pads - Empty
Cha Cha Paris Hilton Perfume Sample - Empty. I debated on buying a full-size, but I have had this sample since I was in high school... which was about 6 years ago... A sample that took me six years to use up, is not a perfume that I should be buying.
Sally Hansen Nail File - Destroyed. My nails are so hard that they just decimate any emery boards that aren't glass... It just rubs all of the grit right off.

Perfume

I sort of debated putting this section up, because they were just samples, and clearly they're all empty, but I thought it'd be nice to throw in a mini 'thought' review of these, because there are two that I really enjoyed.

I'm really wary of perfumes, because my body really hates a good variety of t hem, and it reacts terribly, making me smell awful.

Tory Burch: Another surprise, because I loved this. It lasted all day on my skin, and every time I'd get a whiff when I'd move, I was really pleased with it. I have since added it to my wishlist. Treat. Yo. Self.
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black: On me, it smells like aftershave. Usually I'd be fine with it, but it isn't that good on me. It doesn't compliment my skin chemistry, and then I smell like and old man.
Elizabeth and James Nirvana White: I smelled this in Sephora, and hated it so I took it off my wishlist, but then after testing t his on me... I love it! I was surprised, because it was so strong, but it gets a little subdued on my skin, and lasts me all day. I was really pleased, and now it's back on my wishlist.
Prada Candy Florale: It smelled nice in the sample, and so many people love this, but on me it makes me smell like an old woman. Just a lot of flowers and powder for some reason... it is not a good scent for me.
Chloe Love Story: Very floral scents, and it didn't smell good on me at all. Just my luck.
Gucci Guilty Diamonds: This one actually went well with my skin, but it wasn't my favorite scent.

Makeup

Revlon Pink in the Afternoon Cream Lipstick - Old. I liked this lipstick enough, although it's  not very unique. I went to reach for it one day, and it smelled really chemically, when usually it doesn't smell as bad. To the bin it goes.
L'Oreal Collection Privee - Doutzen's Nude: Empty. Wasn't fond of this, it was a very light pink, and it wasn't that pigmented. Gave me a nice corpse effect though.
Rimmel Show Off Nova Lip Laquer - Empty/Broken*. I know there's some product left, but towards the end of it's life, the applicator tip broke off into the container. Boo. I have a backup from Ireland, so I'm okay.
Maybelling Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara - Empty*
Maybelline Mega Plush Navy Velvet Mascara - Empty. It wasn't that great of a mascara. It looked somewhat fluffy, but it didn't add much volume or length to my sad, sad lashes.
Bellatrix Lip Gloss - Old.
Maybelline Falsies Blackest Black Mascara - Empty*
Wet n Wild Envy Color Icon Eyeshadow Single - Broken*
ELF Makeup Remover Pen - Empty*
NYX HD 03 Light Concealer - Empty
Jordana Twist and Shine Honey Love - Empty.
Bath and Body Works Goldie Lip Gloss - Doll - Old.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment