Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween~

Hello again readers!

It's that time of year again, the time where all the witches and goblins, ghouls and ghosts, demons and monsters walk around... Or maybe it's just kids dressing up?

Halloween is my favourite holiday, hands down. It gives you the freedom to dress super creepy, or ridiculous without anyone giving you trouble, you get free candy (unless you're an adult, then you buy your own, but hey, wait till after Halloween and you get Halloween candy for cheap!), you get to see all of the children trick-or-treating and having a good time, and there's always scary movie marathons on the telly!

This year was pretty awesome, because not only did I get two of my projects done (one complete, one line work finished) for Tuesday, but during my lecture, my professor told us that he was pushing our exam back a week! I don't have to study this weekend!

This year, I was pleased to actually have more artistic freedom with my look. I've been a zombie for the past three years, giving me a reason to improve my technique. This is the first year I've had liquid latex. I've come a long way from some liquid liner and eye shadow.

This was last year....

And this, this was this year:




I'm pretty pleased with how it all came out! I don't have much practice with liquid latex, since I've only used it once before, but I liked it enough. Next time I try, I'll have to learn to blend better and take more time too.

In total, it took 2 and a half hours to do everything; hair, prosthetics, and makeup. It was so worth the time I invested into it, and I got a lot of compliments! I grossed some people out too, which is an added bonus.

I did pass out when I got home though, it was raining all day, and I was cold, wet, and exhausted. :( I missed out on things I wanted to do, but my day was still pretty fantastic... Such a shame that it's almost over... (One hour :( )



I can't wait till tomorrow, I'm going to start up my Top 5's posts again, go clearance shopping for Halloween goodies, and clean up my studio. I'll post a picture of my nails that I had today, since I have to wait for my camera to charge. I have another free weekend, so I'm going to take advantage!

Edit: 

This is how I painted my nails.  I used Funky Fingers in Teal Scales, and then put Sinful Colors Sinful Shine in Mirror Mirror. I wanted it to look like clotted blood. Not the best, but I loved how it turned out!




Who would have thought that I'd be looking forward to cleaning and organizing... Oh dear.

How was your Halloween? Did you dress up? Go to parties? Give out candy?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment