Thursday, October 31, 2013

HIP Gel Eyeliner - Teal

Hello again readers!

I'm just going to keep the ball rolling. I'm in a good mood, so I'm in a blogging mood!

I'm really saddened that I jumped onto the makeup bandwagon far too late, and missed out on a lot of amazing and cool looking products... this is one of them.

L'Oreal H.I.P. Gel Eyeliner - Teal


I found this at a 5 below, and snatched it up. I remembered a long time ago, where I saw H.I.P. all over the place, and since they aren't permanent, come and go as they please. I managed to get this for about 3 dollars, and couldn't wait to try it when I got home.


The brush that came with it is pretty useless, it's like the brush that comes with the Wet n Wild Cream Eyeliner. It's too short to get a good grip on, and the bristles are soft, but too stiff and wipe off the eyeliner as soon as I apply it. I kept the brush for special effects purposes, but I wont' be using it for eyeliner.


I wasn't kidding when I said I couldn't wait, I swatched it as soon as I got home, forgetting completely that I wanted to take photos of it! Teal is a well... Teal. A beautiful teal with shimmer. The texture of this eyeliner really shocked me, with how soft it was. It was like I ran my eyeliner brush through soft butter. 


The pigmentation isn't the best, but it's not the worst either. It takes two swatches of the eyeliner to get the colour that I wanted, not bad, but I'm so used to using eyeliners that are one-swatch-wonders that it was a little frustrating. 

It smudges a bit at first, and once it sets, it's harder to rub off.

It's not my holy grail eyeliner, by any means. It wears down over the day, if you rub at it it'll smudge away, and the colour isn't something you can wear with any outfit and get away with it.

I think it's a little worse for wear, since my eyelids can get quite oily. I can definitely see someone with dryer eyelids pulling this off for sure.

Do I hate it? Of course not! Aside from its flaws, I really enjoy it. Do I love it? No, but it doesn't disappoint me either.

If I had to say, I might not suggest this. If you can find it for cheap, like at a 5 Below, then jump on it. It's not bad to have in your collection at all. However, if you need to go out looking for it, perhaps think of getting another eyeliner that will work better for you.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment