Thursday, July 17, 2014

June Favorites

Hello again readers!

I was really disappointed this time around. My plan was that I was going to have a video for you to see, but my camera ended up being too stubborn to record the entire video. It is not the best for video... I tried filming it many times, but it failed every time. Instead, here is a very much delayed June favourites for you!

This month instead of five, I have ten items to show!


ELF Eyebrow Kit - Medium: 
I love having dark, on point eyebrows and I like my brow hairs to stay in place. These kits can suit everyone (they come in lighter and darker choices) and include a tinted gel to hold your hairs in place, and a brow powder to tie the look together and soften the look of the gel.

L´Oréal Color Caresse Lipstick - Sunset Angora:
I wasn't blown away with this lipstick collection, but I really love this colour. Sunset Angora is a sheer nude lipstick that has the perfect amount of warmth to it. Very shiny, and it doesn't dry my lips out.

ELF Liquid Eyeliner - Midnight:
These eyeliners are always really surprising, because they have decent quality, at only a dollar! They aren't waterproof, or even smudge proof, but they are very opaque. It's so easy to do a quick line, and it's even easier to wing your liner out! Plus, it's navy blue, I can't help but love it.

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub:
Picked this bad boy up in Ireland, and I don't regret it! This product works so quick, I'm pretty sure it is legitimately magic. The scrub is not harsh against the skin of my lips, and it exfoliates the skin quickly, leaving soft, smooth lips. The scrub is salty sweet, and though it doesn't taste exactly like popcorn, I can taste the flavor. A definite win in my book, and something I'm going to have to pick up when I go back to Ireland next year.

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick - Let's Get Naked:
I picked this one up on clearance, and I'm so glad they re-packaged them (and changed the formula) but left the colours the same! This is a lot like Sunset Angora, with a warm nude pink shade, and though it's not as shiny, it's definitely more pigmented. It goes on easily, and it leaves a smooth opaque coverage. Plus, it has SPF in it, so it's a great lipstick to choose in the summer!

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - I See Blue:
I expanded my mascara horizons this year, and picked up some blue mascaras. They're a great way to get a little extra flair, without going too out there. The mascara is a light blue, which coats the lashes well and holds up, even surprising me. Even though it's not waterproof, I didn't have any problem with it lasting most of the day, and though I got some smudges, I was really pleased with the performance of this non-waterproof mascara! It's limited edition, but you can definitely find it chilling around stores.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Translucent Powder:
It took me SO long to jump on the Stay Matte train. It's not everyone's favourite, but so many people love this powder. I finally gave in and picked it up, and I'm really pleased. It sets my foundation, keeps me looking matte, and I like how it feels on the skin. Still tinkering with it, but I reached for it often during the month of June.

ELF Lip Balm Tint - Grapefruit:
I have a problem, and it's warm toned pink nudes! This is a similar colour to Sunset Angora and Let's Get Naked, but this is a glossy, balm tint. It's so shiny, and it really lasts well! After the shine goes down, you're left with a dewy look, and then when it wears off you're left with a tint to your lips. It's really sweet, and slick, and it keeps your lips moisturized. So much love for this product.

Sally Beauty Neon Yellow Tweezers:
I picked these up on a whim at Sally's and these are by far the best tweezers I've ever used! They were only a dollar, and of course they came in my weakness (neon yellow! I also have these in holographic!) and I couldn't resist. They really grip the hair, and make tweezing my brows easy as a dream. It made my routine go by so much faster.

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe:
I use this as a base, but I really love it as an eyebrow gel. This color is a surprisingly good fit for my eyebrows, and it's so easy to create the brow shape I desire. I jut apply with an angled brush, then go through with a spooly brush to soften it up, and I'm done! Waterproof, smudge proof, and I don't have to worry about accidentally wiping off my brows! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment