Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Benefit The Porefessional

Hello again readers!

I'm pretty pleased to be branching out on makeup products, and trying things I wasn't sure if I'd like or not. I'm wanting to try new primers, and I picked up The Porefessional by Benefit.


I picked up the travel size ($10), to get a feel for it before I decided if I would like to invest in the full-size ($31) or look somewhere else. The packaging is a mint green and cream soft plastic, with a black hard plastic cap. I'm not really drawn into the Benefit packaging, even if so many think it's 'cute'. It's just not for me, but so many makeup users have raved about this product, that I didn't let the cutesy packaging deter me.


The product comes out with a tint, that I didn't find to effect the application. It does not tint the skin at all. It also has a scent to it, it's light, but it's still there. I'm not sure how long it would last, but once I put my foundation on, it disappears.


The product smooths out seamlessly, and it is very easy to blend into the face. 

I noticed a 'blur' effect to my pores, but I didn't notice any amazing differences between using this product and not using it. I still had pores, and they weren't very diminished either, they were still there. I wasn't impressed with this primer for that, but it did a great job of having a smooth canvas to apply my makeup over. Even with foundation, I still noticed pores, and they didn't look too different tan if I used an entirely different primer at all.

I kept this for when I travel, so I don't have to take a larger primer package along with me, but I don't see myself repurchasing this in the future. We can't all like everything, and even though so many people love this, I just think it's okay.

If you do want to pick this up, I recommend picking up the travel sizes. It's .25 oz each, at $10, and a full-size is .75 for $31. So you can get three travel-sized Porefessional's for $30, or one full-size for $31 with the same amount inside. It's a dollar, so it's not the biggest deal, but it's something to consider.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment