Sunday, August 10, 2014

July Favorites

Hello again readers!

To start off, here is a not-so-favorite: I got my wisdom teeth taken out! It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but even days later I'm still sore. Plus the medications really make me tired, but that just means I get to rest up so it can heal faster! I've been so exhausted and just laying around and sleeping a lot, but it's getting better.

I think changing from Top 5 to Top 10 really lets more products shine, so I'm glad I decided to do so. It was difficult reducing my list to just five, so this is a really great way to show off more products that are just lovely.

July Top 10

Elf Studio Blush - Fuchsia Fusion: 
I have been adoring this blusher, it's a beautiful cool-toned fuchsia with shimmer. I love the blushes in general, but I have found a new love for the ones with lots of shimmer (see also Twinkle Pink!), because they give me colour but they also add some glow, meaning I can skip-out on highlighter and makes them perfect for the summer.

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation - Translucent Light:
So far, this has been my favourite powder foundation. It's light-weight, covers decently well, is my perfect shade, isn't too powdery, and the best part: has SPF 50! I've hit pan already, and unfortunately I can't buy this anymore... I'll miss it when it's gone, but that gives me a chance to start looking for my next favourite powder foundation.

Aeropostale Promise Me Perfume:
This was my favourite perfume in high school, and it's still one of my favourite fragrances to wear. It reacts well to my body chemistry, smells great all day, and is just a scent I will never grow tired of. I miss their old packaging though... but this one is okay. A quick spray and I'm ready to take on the day!

Wet n Wild ColorIcon Bronzer - Ticket to Brazil:
Since it's summer, I really like pushing away from the whole 'I look like a corpse' feeling that I get. Indulging in blusher helps, but so does looking like I actually step out of the house sometimes. I just love this bronzer. It has SPF 15, it's got a light shimmer so it glows, and it adds some (let's admit it) much needed colour to my face. I bought the darker one, and I apply it with a light hand, and if I'm feeling it, I'll use it as a contour too. (Even though shimmery bronzers are the worst for contouring IMO).

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15:
I just picked  this up because it was 50 cents at Target, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a gentle moisturizer, that doesn't over saturate my face with moisture, but just the right amount. I apply it in the mornings after I wash my face, and it's been helping with the odd dry skin I've been getting. Plus, since it has SPF 15, it's great to wear under the foundations that don't have any, so I can keep my face protected!

Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner - Everlast:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: One of my favourite eyeliners of all time. It goes on great, wings out easily, and lasts all day. It takes some elbow grease to even remove, so it always passes in my book. 

NYX Eyebrow Gel - Blonde:
These came out this summer, and I gotta say I already love them! I have Blonde, and I have Brunette, because they are ashy tones and they are great. Gotta apply them quickly because once they set, they SET and they don't move for the rest of the day. Still working on how to apply these perfectly, but I'm loving the challenge as much as I'm enjoying the product.

Hard Candy Baked Bronzer - Tiki:
The only highlighter I own, and for a good reason. This is sold as a bronzer, but it is a gorgeous highlight. Yellow-gold tones that add the right touch to the cheekbones and any other points on my face I want to bring out. A tap to the product and it applies beautifully, and I've used this so many times and not even a dent in the product. So worth the money, and so worth it's place in this month's top 10.

NYX HD Eye Shadow Base:
I forgot how much I used to like this, but I found it when I was re-organizing my makeup and started using it again. i'll have to put up a comparison of primers, but this is one of the best ones that I own. It applies so easily, and holds onto the pigment of your eye makeup so they last throughout the day. I really put it to the test when I worked for 16 hours, and my makeup still looked next to perfect at the end of it, even if I got drenched four times and ran around in the rain! 

L.A.Girl Glaze Lip Paint - Babydoll:
Last one, and a real underdog. The product is FANTASTIC and I have just enjoyed all of them, but this isn't usually a colour I go for Babydoll is a cool-toned hot Barbie pink, but it just looks so good on. A real eye-catcher that I have been reaching for in the past couple of weeks since I got it. Love love love it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment