Friday, August 8, 2014

Sephora Birthday Reward - Make Up For Ever

Hello again readers!

I was going to post this the other day, but I really wanted to wait until today to post this. This year for your birthday gift, Sephora gave out this box with a sample of the Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant Mascara and Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9 Copper Pink.



They say that these are deluxe samples, even if they look really tiny. They're great for traveling, however.


First off, I hated the mascara with a passion. It has a Christmas tree-shaped wand, which in theory is supposed to coat the little lashes in the inner corner, but elongating the outer lashes dramatically I find it hard to apply to my left eye, because my right hand is the hand I use to apply my makeup with. 

The formula on this mascara was really clumpy. One coat was fine, and any more than that and it was clump city. It looked terrible. I don't know if it was dried out or not, but regardless it was terrible. It wasn't waterproof, and within an hour I had flakes and transfer under my eyes and against my cheeks.


For being so small, this lipstick really did look great packaging wise. I was a little hesitant, because the colour looked to be a really brown-toned red in the tube, but I was pleasantly surprised.


The lipstick turned out to be a dark rose-nude that leans warm, and I loved it! The formula feels creamy, and it wasn't the most pigmented of lipsticks, which worked in it's favour.

I wasn't wild about the mascara, but I really enjoyed the lipstick.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment