Saturday, April 28, 2012

Covergirl Clean Liquid Foundation

Hello again readers~

I bring to you another liquid foundation review, this one is for Covergirl Clean Liquid Foundation. Formula: Oil Control in 505 Ivory.


The back of the foundation says this:

- Designed for oily complexions to help whisk away shine
- Matte coverage that feels and looks fresh
- Dermatologicaly tested; oil and fragrance-free


 It says 'fragrance-free', though it still has a scent with the ingredients, though it does dramatically decrease over time. The fragrance is not because it was added, it's just a noticeable scent!

I don't much like tapping it against my hand, so to get product out I use a q-tip!

Swatch:

Blended in:

Coverage is about medium, more so if you layer it, but I don't like putting too much on my skin.


Pros:
Matches my face decently well
- Covers easily
- Dries matte
- Easy to get (any drug store that sells Cover Girl)
- Inexpensive at around 6 dollars
- Comes in a broad line of shades

Cons:
- I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, makes it hard to get the last bit of product out
- It made me break out more than usual
- Oxidizes darker than my skin tone

Overall: 3/5
It's not the worst foundation I've ever tried, but it's not the best either. It helps keep my skin feel clean, look even, and it's close to my skin tone that when I blend it out you can't really tell, but it does get darker over time. I do like how the oil-control helps with my t-zone, since it gets super oily, super quick, and I'm always on the look for a helping-hand with that. Even though it lessens the appearance of oily skin, I still got oily, and I also got extra pimples around my forehead and nose.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment