Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Top 10

Hello again readers!

It's been an exciting start to the new year. I started my last semester of university (and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm still nervous!) and so far, I've been keeping up with my own resolution to keep my room clean. This is the first time it's been clean for a whole month in YEARS so I'm really pleased with myself. I hope I can keep it up!

These were some of my most reached for products in January, and I'm glad to see the return of a couple favorites.

January Top 10


Aeropostale Maximum Cologne:
I think this is the best cologne you can buy at Aeropostale in my opinion. It just smells so fantastic, without being overwhelming. I've been having a lot of masculine days, so I have been reaching for this a lot, and it smells so good on my skin.

ELF Translucent High Definition Powder:
I have had this as a backup for a while, and I told myself I wouldn't use it until I finished my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder... well that didn't happen, but I missed this too much to leave it in my backups box! I love how finely milled this is, and I love how it feels on my skin. It sets my foundation perfectly, and just feels like soft skin afterwards. So glad I opened this up.

NYX Taupe Powder Blush:
This is the first time I've been using this product, and I'm glad for it. It's warmer than I thought it would be, so I was disappointed, but the powder seems to be working out rather well. It's still on the cool side, and it buffs out great on the hollows of my cheeks. I've heard that people have gotten layers of oil over this powder, and so far that hasn't happened. Time will tell if I still love this product or not.

Bath and Body Works Fresh Lemon Antibacterial Hand Spray:
I don't know if I have ever mentioned this, and if I haven't I'm sorry. Their hand sanitizers are my favorite, and I always have a stock of them around at all times because they are really wonderful. Their sprays, are equally impressive. I like to use this in the morning right before I apply moisturizer/makeup so my hands are for-sure clean and ready to go. It's lighter than the gel sanitizers, and I find that I don't have to wait as long for them to dry with the spray. They're more expensive, but I find having a bottle or two around is worth it, so maybe pick one up during a sale or with a coupon. 

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub:
This winter has taken it's toll on my skin, especially my lips! I don't remember them ever being so bad, even with ample amounts of balms through the day. I use this everyday it seems, and it is still so so great. Just a little bit applied and rubbed into the skin of my lips and then they're exfoliated, and ready to accept more moisture from balms. I've even used it on my face a couple of times this winter, with fantastic results. Worth the money for sure, and even with using it as often as I do, I still have just a dent in the product, it's amazing.

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm -Shea Butter & Vitamin E:
One of the best balms I have ever tried. I can't get enough, and it seems like I've had this tube for ages, and I still have almost half a tube left. It's fantastic, and so worth the money it's almost laughable. It comes in other scents, but I'm not sure if I'll pick one of the others when i go to buy a new tube. I'll have to make sure I have a tube ready when this one is almost empty, so I don't ever have to be without one.

ELF Single Eyeshadow - Pebble:
Such a shame they don't sell these anymore (I believe there is one color listed on the site) because this one is great. I use it for my eyebrows since I've been to lazy to go the distance and fill them in with a pencil/gel, and they look really nice. There's a subtle shimmer in the powder, but it doesn't transfer onto the brows at all.

NYX HD Concealer - 02:
I keep wanting to say these are my holy grail concealers, but I don't think that they are. However, they still remain my favorite to use. 02 is the shade I use to conceal any issue with my face, because it's like my skin tone in a bottle. I also have 01, but it's only good for under my eyes since it's slightly lighter than my skin tone, and would bring unwanted attention to any blemishes I have on the skin.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara:
Laziness was my goal apparently, since I didn't want to take a lot of effort to remove mascara at the end of the day... if I wasn't at school, I'd generally wear this one instead. It makes my lashes look amazing, and it doesn't take ages to take off at the end of the day. When it warms up a little, I'll be wearing this more often, since I won't have to worry about my eyes watering at the cold.

Benefit The Porefessional:
This is not my favorite primer by any means, but it stole a spot in this months favorites because I've been reaching for it a lot. I think I'm still drawn to how new it is and can't resist the temptation, and that's why i reach for it as much as I do, but the fact remains that since I've been using this almost every time I put on makeup, that this should have a spot in my monthly favorites.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment