Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sephora Birthday Reward

Hello again readers!

I've been lazy in picking up my birthday gifts from Sephora and Ulta this year (well last year too, to be honest) and then I had to take time to give them a try too. 

The reward at Sephora is the same for every member. All you have to do to get these gifts, is to be a member at Sephora, and have your birthday, that's it! Easy, right?


This years gift made me really excited, because it was a NARS gift. It was a cute box, with two of their lipstick pencils inside! In two different finishes too!


There was a Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, and a Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien.


Velvet Lip Pencil - Cruella:

A beautiful true red, something that Cruella de Ville would definietely wear. It applied easily, and it was easy to get an even coverage. I did notice that over time, this pencil dried my lips a little bit, which I wasn't too happy with. I've tried it with a balm underneath, and I like that way better, but then it wears of faster. If I wear nothing at all underneath, I don't like how it wears as much, but it does last quite a while, for over four hours without a touchup.

Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien:

A rose pink shimmer. This one is a nice pink to wear on my lips, because it gives color without being too much. The shimmer of this lip pencil kept my lips looking shiny and healthy, and with the formula it was easier to wear. It didn't last as long as the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (most lipsticks never last longer than matte versions), but I like it for an entirely different reason. I like the wear of this one, and it's more wearable for every day use compared to a red.

--

Both of these Lip Pencils need to be sharpened, you don't twist them up and down, which is always a bit of a bummer, because you end up wasting product when you have to sharpen them, and for pencils that retail for $26 a piece, it's really hard to see product just go right into the trash because you have to sharpen them down.

Don't miss your chance to pick these up for your birthday, they're great to wear, and great to have in your makeup collection!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment