Friday, September 4, 2015

August Favorites

Hello again readers!

It's September now, which means it's almost fall. Of course, Summer still has it's hot, clammy grip on the Midwest, and it's not comfortable. I can live with that, but it's still not fun.


Dare to Dream Pocahontas Beauty Book:
It's so easy to make good makeup looks with this, and I loved every look I've done! Simple, has  most of what I need in one place, and so cute! You can see swatches here.


Went for palettes this month of eyeshadow singles, and I kept reaching for these two the most.

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette:
I love this palette, even though when I finally got it, I assumed I wouldn't use it. I forget how much I love warm shadows for my eyes. Majority of the shades are pigmented, and there's a variety of shades to really get a subdued, or dramatic look.

Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye on Neutral Palette:
I'm not sure why it took me such a long time to love this palette, I've had it for AGES. I just... never reached for it. This month I reach for it all of the time, from my everyday makeup, to making myself look like a zombie for my interview. This palette is great, with good pigmentation and a nice selection of matte neutrals. I'm in love!


Dare to Dream Pocahontas Spinning Arrow Bronzer:
I've already waxed poetic about this bronzer, and nothing has changed. Just a nice bronzer for the face, and not too overwhelming. A good choice for quick work.

ELF Belle Face Palette:
When I'm going out or I feel like my face is looking a little too dull, I go for this. Each of the products has a bit of shimmer in it, which I like to add a bit of a glow.

Colormates Blush - Sunkissed Tan:
I've embrassed the love for neutral blushes. Not too pink - not too brown. A nice medium. Looks good on my face, and adds warmth without being too over-the-top. It's a good look. Plus, I found it at the Dollar Tree, so it doesn't get any better than that!

Milani Rose Blush - Romantic Rose:
I can honestly say I wasn't too excited to really buy any of the rose blushes. A lot of them were just... too pink for my liking. This is a nice cool-toned pink, that I can't get enough of. It's soft, and blends in like a dream. I don't even care that it smells like crayons!


ELF Clear Mascara and Eyebrow Gel:
This is a product I haven't had in ages and ages. The only reason I picked up a new one, is because my friend got married and I needed it for her eyebrows. Now that I have it back in my life however, I'm ashamed I ever let it go. I don't always use products that are long-wearing on my brows (powder brows for lazy days!), and this ensures that even a product that slides off easily, will last me through the entire day. I'm glad to have it back.

Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquer - Mirage:
This is the only Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquer that I have, and I love it. The formula is creamy, it smells like brownies, and feels SO good on the lips. It's a lot like the NYX Matte Lip Creams, but better! They have some wild colors too, but I'm not sure if I'll be buying them or not - time will tell.

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe:
Another product that once it's gone, you pine for it. Well, at least I do. I used this as an eye base, and for my eyebrows... mostly for my eyebrows. I used up almost all of my previous one, and then I lasted not even a week, before I bought this one. I can't go without it, it's too good to me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment