Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer Review

Hello again readers~
Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer


After trying E.L.F.'s primer (which I did love), I wanted an opportunity to try another one, so I purchased Sheer Envy from Walmart. It was $8 for 45g.


The product (be sure to shake!) is a milky white colour, but it does have a hint of a shimmer in it.


(blurred image to show shimmer)

I was concerned when I noticed the shimmer, since shimmer = shine, but I was pleased with how it looked.


When you rub it into the skin, at first it might seem a little greasy since it's a silicone base, but it does dry and gives a nice sheen to the skin. It helps reduce the size of my poors, and it doesn't have a scent like the E.L.F. primer does.

You only need a small amount of the primer to get the job done, since a small pea-sized drop will spread over your face to help give your makeup application a smooth canvas to work on.

It didn't break me out, I got about twice as much product as the E.L.F. primer, for only two dollars more. It also is hygienic since it's in a squeeze tube.

Pros:

- Makes my skin look even better
-Creates a good canvas for my foundation
-Blends into the skin easily
-Doesn't have a heavy scent to it
-The shimmer makes skin look dewy, but not glittery
-Lightweight
- Keeps foundation looking better longer
- Good price

Cons:

- Feels a bit greasy when you first apply it
- Takes a couple of minutes to dry
- Easy to accidentally pour out more primer than you need, and that's a waste of product

Overall: 5/5

I loved the performance, how it made my makeup look, and how it made my skin look as well. It might not be for everybody, but it sure did work for me.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment