Friday, February 8, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation Review

Hello again readers~

Revlon Colorstay Whipped in 110 Ivory


 This product is definitely the most expensive face product I've ever bout at a whopping 13 dollars. It ranges from 10-15 depending on where you shop for it.

The Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundations come in the same array of shades as the liquid foundations, and since I always buy the lightest shades, this one was an easy pick for me.

It's 23.7 mL of foundation, so it's not as much as foundations usually come with. That's a downside really, even though you don't need that much to cover your entire face.

Another downside is the packaging. The packaging is misleading, since it looks like you're getting a lot more product than you really are, and it's hard to tell what the colour of the foundation really is. It's also heavy, glass, and bulky.


The product isn't much of a whipped mousse feel, more like a cream. The jar is super  unhygenic though, and I use a small spatula to scoop out a small amount of product and set it on the back of my hand for use.

To apply, I just use my (clean!) fingers, and then go over it with my blending sponge to get a flawless finish. It's smooth, medium to full coverage and applies quickly. It takes longer to set though, and I wait about five minutes before I apply my powder, unless I'm in a rush.



The makeup applies well, smooth, and lasts me all day. I can sleep in it (for naps) and wake up with it still looking great. I like how it keeps me from getting oily (something I'm still not used to) but doesn't feel too thick on my face.

You can however, easily go overboard, so start in small areas and build your way up to avoid that.

Pros:

 - A small amount can cover my entire face
- Natural looking finish
-Salicylic Acid is an ingredient
- Medium coverage
- Bildable to get full coverage where you need it
- Quick to apply
-Found that the longer you wear it, the better it looks
-Lasts all day
-Doesn't make me look oily

Cons:

- Takes a few minutes to set
- If you work out, it will sweat off
- Expensive
- The packaging is un-hygenic
-The packaging is bulky and heavy
-Can go overboard

Overall: 5/5

Out of the two, this is currently my new favourite. I can apply it quickly, finish getting my bags together, set, and then continue the rest of my makeup routine before I walk out the door for school in the morning. It does have it's faults, I'll give it that, but I think the payoff well makes up for it.

Thanks for reading~

2 comments: