Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer - Review

Hello again readers~

I recieved the Rimmel London Fix and Perfect primer from a classmate, and I really didn't want to try it myself, but I set aside some time to test it.


 Plastic squeeze-bottle with a twist-off cap. A little inconvinient once you put some primer on your fingers since you'd have to twist the cap back on. A flip cap would have been better.

It's about 8 dollars for 30 mL.
 
The product claims it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies, and protects, but does it really?


First impression: The smell. It has a heavy floral scent which isn't attractive at all. It sits on your skin and you can smell it, and it lingers for a while. Definitely a turn-off.

It's a milky white cream, that blends into the skin... ok. It feels greasy and takes a few minutes to set completely.


First impression (similar to my hand) it looks mattified, though still felt thick. I wore this primer for a week, and it was a week to long.

It made my face look HORRIBLE by the end of the day (this was before I wore my Revlon foundations, so I'm not sure if it would have changed my opinion or not), and my face looked like a hot-mess. I looked like I didn't wash my face in days, which is very unsettling.

Since I have bangs, it didn't hold up, and my bangs had excess face oil, and product attached! Gross! I had to wash my face really well after taking it off, and then I washed my bangs between hair washes to keep them looking fresh.

By the end of the week? I had zits. On my cheeks. It's a big deal, since I almost never break out against my cheek, and I'm STILL recovering from using this primer!


Pros:

-Mattifies Skin
- Keeps foundation in place

Cons:

-Broke me out
-Has a heavy perfume scent, which is an instant turn-off
- Feels heavy
- Takes a long while to set
-After a while, it started feeling really oily.

Overall: 2/5
Not the worst product I've ever used, but I wouldn't ever purchase this myself. It broke me out, and didn't work for me, but maybe it'll work for you? I don't know, it might just be my skin-type, but I wouldn't touch this product again with a ten foot pole.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment