Monday, February 25, 2013

NYX HD Primer and Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk - Review

Hello again readers~

This has taken me forever to get a proper feel for, since I wanted to post this as a set, but I've only been using one of these products constantly.

NYX HD Primer and Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk


HD Primer:

I will forever say to my grave and back that I still love ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer for my daily looks. It holds up well, keeps my makeup looking fresh, and I loved it.

I decided to switch it up, because I read in numerous places that the HD Primer is a dupe for Urban Decay's Primer Potion (I don't have a P.P. to compare unfortunately). Why not try something new?


The applicator is something I'm used to - a doe-foot wand. It collects a lot of product on it, so one dip is enough to coat both eyes in primer.


I was really pleased with how smooth the product was, and it blended in amazingly.

Once it dries and I apply my shadow, it keeps my shadow in place until I remove it, which is a great thing. I don't worry about creasing, and it keeps my makeup in place.

Is it better than my E.L.F.? I'm still not sure yet. I like them both!

Pros:
-Inexpensive (7 dollars)
-Lasts me all day
- Keeps my eyeshadow in place
-Convinient applicator
-Sleek packaging

Cons:
-Takes a moment to set

Overall: 5/5
It's a little more expensive, but I still really like this product a lot. It's creamy, smooth, and locks my eye makeup in place (though it doesn't ward of rubbing).

Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk:


I already know it's 'flawed' in a way. It applies well, can be built up, but once you wear it down you have only two options. Sharpen it or melt it.


If you sharpen it, you loose product. A lot of it.


I just put the shavings into a jar. It's insane how much you lose.

If you don't want the hassle of dealing with the shavings, there are ways to melt the product into a pot, all you have to do is microwave, or blow dry them. (Useful videos found on YouTube :) )

The product itself is amazing. It's pigmented, it's creamy, and makes eye shadows POP. 

It does crease, so I would recommend using a primer and a setting powder to lock it on.


Pros:
-Cheap at 4.50
- Pigmented
-Smooth
-Blends well

Cons:
-Creases
- It's not a twist pencil, so you have to sharpen or melt it.

Overall: 4/5
I don't like how it's not a twist pencil, but I do love the product itself. I ended up buying this instead of the NYX white base, since it was cheaper.


I swatched the blue from the Wet n Wild I <3 Matte palette, over Milk, Primer, and skin.

The milk makes the eye shadow brighter, but the primer makes the eye shadow much more pigmented.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment