Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color - Red My Mind, Cherry On Top, and Back to the Fuchsia

Hello again readers!

I have a couple of photos for the Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Colors for you today.


I am a liquid lipstick fan, truly I am. They apply so easily, and they last for a long while! These are no exception. I picked up Red My Mind, Cherry On Top, and Back tot he Fuchsia.


Red My Mind - A classic, pin-up red. A staple, really. Opaque in just one swipe, with a matte finish.

Cherry On Top - A wine-red with shimmer. It tries to be a matte, metallic finish, but really it just makes applying it harder. It needs to dry, and then another coat applied on top of it, and I just didn't like how it looked after I applied it. Such a shame.

Back to the Fuchsia - A bright fuchsia pink. Not something I generally go for, but I couldn't pass it up!

I've had these for a really long while now (over a year) and with that year, a lot of good and bad come with these.


They don't come off. At all. At least, not willingly. Once these set, it's like they're set in stone. You can rub at them, you can eat, you can drink, you can probably go down water slides for hours, and they don't budge. They don't even budge with a makeup remover wipe, you need to break out the bottles of makeup remover for these.

They're also incredibly drying. It's like applying acrylic paint to your lips, they zap out all of your moisture. You need to moisturize before, and after, and during their wear, you can feel how dry your lips are, and no matter how many times you lick them, they still feel dry.

Another issue, is they flake! it's super unflattering, gets on your teeth, on your face, all over the place!

If the formula was a bit more moisturizing, they'd probably be almost perfect. Since it's so dry, it causes way more problems than they're worth!

They retail at 3 dollars a piece, but I'd pass them up. There are better alternatives out there, that don't dry your lips out like a desert.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment