Thursday, November 6, 2014

Revlon Regrets

Hello again readers!

Do you ever have those times where you find something, fall in love with it, and then end up hating it? I had that happen... Three times! I can't believe it! I even looked up swatches, and I'm just really disappointed in these products.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss

I really enjoy my Super Lustrous Lipgloss by Revlon, and I thought maybe these would be a lot like that. Smooth, slick, and with decent pigmentation.

I really like the packaging on these. They're sleek, and they're thin. Not too bulky, easy to hold in your hand, and easy to pop into your purse for touch ups throughout the day.


The wand is a flat applicator. Similar to a doe-foot, but without that angle. It's nice because you can get a broad sweep of color with minimal effort.


I however wasn't that impressed with the products themselves... They didn't go on that great, with Crystal Lilac settling into every crack on my lips, and Embellished needing multiple coats and always coming out streaky. On top of lipsticks, sure, these would be great, but I have better quality lipglosses that don't need a lipstick to look good, so these just didn't make the cut.

They're also tacky. I'm fine with a little bit of stickiness, but these just felt like I was pulling my lips apart with setting glue... not a cute look when you have stringy gloss all over the place.

If you're looking for glosses like these to add to your collection, they have them on sale at Walgreens, as well as an additional buy one, get one half off, so you can get these for about three dollars each. Not bad if you're planning on wearing these on top of lipsticks, or if you love these yourself.

Revlon Luxe Creme Eyeshadow

I bought this because Tati on YouTube said she was obsessing over this product. Apparently, it's a lot like the Georgio Armani eyeshadows that she loves, but if that's the case, then I worry about that entire line...

The packaging is pretty bad for being so expensive. It's just plastic, and it doesn't feel that durable. I'm not really that happy with it, because I feel that plastic and creme products aren't that compatible, and I feel like it will dry out, let alone the lid cracking during use.


The product is really shimmery. It's a dark forest green with a black base and green glitter. I'm not the biggest fan of green, but this just pulled me in with the high-shine and darker base. I couldn't resist.

 
The product itself is fluffy, like thick whipped mousse. It's bouncy, and fun to play with, and putting a lot of pressure on it will cause it to crater like above. I felt the need to put pressure on it because I wasn't sure if I was getting the right amount of pigmentation on my finger or not... Turns out it didn't matter.


It just doesn't look as great as it does in the container. In the packaging, it looks so bright and beautiful, but on the skin it looks dull with some shine to it. It's mostly the blackened base and then some shine really...

The best way to apply this product is actually with a sponge applicator. I used my finger and it just didn't pack on the product enough, and even then it was hard to blend out. It just looks far too dark to wear alone.

It also creased like crazy. Within about ten minutes, it creased on me! I thought maybe it was my oily lids, so I put on primer and tried again. It creased, but this time within an hour so it was a little better. This is completely unacceptable, especially with a 10 dollar product!

I was really expecting for my socks to be knocked off with this, and I was just left creasy, raccoon eyed and disappointed.

Perhaps it's just not compatible with oily lids, but this product didn't work for me at all. Too bad, because it looks great in the packaging.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment