Monday, November 10, 2014

Urban Decay Primer Potion Review

Hello again readers!

I just a super quick review for you. I know I already posted a comparison post including this, but I wanted to put it on my blog anyway.

Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original 



This is the original, and though they changed the packaging, they kept the look. Bright light violet with a silver cap. Instead of a doe-foot applicator, it's a squeeze-able tube. I like it because you can get control over how much product is distributed. Eye catching, and definitely looks magical, but does it perform magically?


The product comes out in a flesh tone, so it neutralizes the eye area. That gives an extra boost the color of any eyeshadows that you apply to the lid, because it has an opaque base. It also preps the eye with a little color covering up any redness, veins, and prevents creasing.


I always love using this Dark Green eyeshadow from Forever 21, because by  itself it isn't pigmented at all, and it gives me a good idea of how primers can perform.

I'm happy to say that this primer performed very well. I get good eyeshadow pigmentation when I go to apply the product to the lid. It also keeps my look fresh for over 8 hours, which is great for when I'm at school or work. 

I do still get some smudging if I tough my eye area, and it does fade slightly through the day, but with the results I get from this product, I can definitely understand why it has such a cult following.

Another issue I have with this, is that I get some... odd distributions from the tube. Most of the time it's rather thick, almost fluffy whipped feeling and it blends on the lid easily, but sometimes it comes out a greasy mess... I'm not sure, maybe I just need to give it a nice shake here and there, but it was a bit shocking to see.

For $20 a piece, it seems hefty, but the large tube will last you forever. You can also get travel sizes, packs of two, or you can wait for Ulta to put it on sale again for $10 a piece. If you want to splurge on an eyeshadow primer, this is a great one for your money, and I can see myself buying this one again in the future.

Thanks for buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment