Friday, August 28, 2015

Always Off Makeup Cloths

Hello again readers!

I have been turned on to these makeup cloths, because of all of the hype around the Makeup Eraser. Many have said this is a good dupe/alternative for that product. Now, I haven't used the Makeup Eraser, but I've been using these for about a month now, and I have to say: I LOVE THEM!


The cloths are stocked at odd places. Sometimes I found them by the college/dorm storage options for back-to-school. Sometimes I found them in the hair aisle. Sometimes I found them in the skincare aisle. They're held up by those plastic strips to hang items up, so don't expect them to be on a shelf! I just do a bit of looking and I typically find them, but your store may be different.

Each pack has three towels; in pink, blue with chevron print, and blue with polka dots. Really cute styles, and a variety. I'm pleased with not only the variety, but the amount. They're perfect for removing your makeup at the end of the day, the right size for it. Also, they're under a dollar a piece. What? Yeah, you read that right. A pack is about $2 with some change. Not bad, if they work.


I've read people who use them dry with less-than-desirable results, and I have seen what the Makeup Eraser can do. I went straight ahead and just used warm water (I have also tried lukewarm, and cold water!).

The results, were instantly amazing. It takes off my powder products, but it also takes off my brow products, my eyeliner, my mascara, my foundation, everything with some gentle rubbing.

I'm not going to pretend that one wipe will instantly remove everything. I do have to rub the cloth over my face, sometimes I re-wet it with water to get the best results. Compared to using a regular makeup removing cloth, I'm really impressed with how it takes off my makeup, leaving my skin feeling clean and ready for cleansing.

It removes about 98% of my makeup. I have noticed a bit of my mascara is left at the base of my lashes, a bit of foundation around my hair line, and if I have any eyeliner on my waterline or if I tight-lined that day, I'm better off with a q-tip and some makeup remover to get that residue off.

I have noticed a difference between using warm water, and using other temperatures. Using warm water takes off the makeup so much faster, compared to the other temperatures, and I feel like it also removes the makeup easier. If you don't feel like you can handle the warmth, you can use the other temperatures, but there will be excess rubbing involved.

The biggest issue I have with this, is I always feel like it leaves my skin feeling a bit dehydrated, like it just soaked everything up. I don't mind it, per say, because I know it removes almost all traces of makeup, and I'll be cleaning it and moisturizing anyway afterwards, but it's a bit uncomfortable. I can't say anything about those with dry skin, so try it out and see what you think about that.

I really love the cleanup for these. Just pop them in the wash with the rest of your laundry, and they come out looking fresh and clean, and good as new! I was really impressed with that, but I'm sure that overtime they will start to hold stains and look less-than-satisfactory. I'm prepared for that, but I'm enjoying how nice they look after a wash.

--

Now that I know how it works for every day use, I wanted to see how it stood, when combating the best of the best; the products that could withstand the elements.


For the test, I used one of the blue towels, since it shows the makeup far better than the pink (some might find that a downside, but in this case, I think not!).


The products I used for this test were: Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner in Everlast, NYX Eyebrow Gel in Brunette, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe, Milani Liquid Eye Eyeliner Pencil in Black, The Neon Pink Italia Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, The MeNow Liquid Lipstick in #16, and the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Berlin.

I wet the towel, and went to town, trying to see if it could remove waterproof makeup with the aid of only water and some elbow grease.


I took the photo immediately, so you can see that there is some redness if you put a lot of pressure on it. All that was left, was some of the Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner in Everlast, and the MeNow Liquid Lipstick in #16. To be honest, I expected the Milani eyeliner to leave residue, but I was insanely impressed with the staying power of the MeNow liquid lipstick. Knocked the Kat Von D lipstick out of the park, dang!


And the towel was a wicked mess afterwards, just a mess.


So it's safe to say, if you're deciding that you're going to be a bombshell for the evening, it might be best to take a bit of preemptive measures. Use a nice remover to gently remove liquid lipstick, and same to that eyeliner. Save yourself the feeling of rubbing yourself raw and just use a good remover for those parts, and gently buff away the rest with the towel.
--

I really can't see why you shouldn't try this; it changed the way I remove makeup. I can't see myself not using this product ever again, and I even went out and bought another pack - I might even buy another one, to have for when I go on long trips, or when I don't wash my towels right away.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment