Monday, August 3, 2015

July Top Ten

Hello again readers!

July was a hot, muggy month. Now we're moving on to August, and it's just going to get hotter and muggier. Can't wait! It's a big step towards fall! 


Hard Candy Top Ten Trendsetters Eyeshadow Collection - Birthday Suit:
I've been really reaching for matte shadows a lot this month. It's simple, easy, and looks really great. The shadows may not be the best quality, especially on their own, but with a primer I got these to work for me. It's a nice mix of warm, and cool shades all in a matte finish, so I really enjoy using this palette.

Notoriously Morbid Blush - Necromancy:
This is a blush, but I love it for a contour shade. It's a cool-toned brown, that creates really beautiful shadows. If you have a need for a contour powder, always look towards Indies, they make amazing products.

Shiro Cosmetics Eyeshadow - Clever Girl:
Green is so not my favorite color to wear, but I make an exception for this. Not only is a beautiful, murky green with a blue duochrome, but it's also inspired by the raptors of Jurassic Park, namely - Blue. Green with blue? Genius. 

ELF Under Eye Brightener and Highlighter - Fair:
This is NOT a concealer, thought I'd mention that. It's a product that you either mix with your concealer, or you lay on top of it. It's not something that's necessary, by any means, but I'm fond of the look. It makes me look a little more awake. The highlighter is great too, not so much for my cheek bones, but I love it as a brow-bone highlight.


MAC Pigment - Blue Brown:
I've mentioned this in my favorites before, and I can gurantee it's not going to be the last. I always come back to it. It's a gorgeous red-brown base with an aqua-blue shift. I can't get enough. It's the best combination of creepy-and-mythical rolled into one.

Orly Nail Polish - Nite Owl:
I wore this for my friend's wedding in July, and I really loved how beautiful it was. A taupe-brown with silver shimmer. It lasted for about 5 days before I got a chip, and it added color without being over-the-top in any way.

Sephora Lustre Matte - Fig Lustre:
I went shopping with my neighbor's girlfriend, and I picked this up. I am already completely in love. It wears comfortably on the lips, and the color is beautiful. A dark, cool pink.

NYX HD Concealer - Green:
I needed to pick this up for my friend for her wedding makeup, because she had stress acne. It covered her acne discoloration like a dream, and allowed me to cover it up with another concealer and blend it out - no one was the wiser.

I use it for myself too, and I got to say I'm pretty happy with it. Like most other concealers, if you have a scab (generally what I try to cover up) it clings to that dry skin, so there are perhaps better options out there. For general redness discoloration, this works like a charm.

NYX High Voltage Lipstick - Stone:
A lipstick I wasn't too sure of, but really love to wear  now as a daily shade. I wore it when I went out shopping, and it lasted me through biting at my mouth and pursing them in concentration. I was really loving it, and wore it a few times since.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment