Friday, August 14, 2015

The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow Singles

Hello readers!

I picked these shadows up quite a while ago, and for the life of me, I can't even remember where! All I can remember, is that they were $5 a piece during a sale. Everyone has seen hits with The Balm, such as the lou-manizers, or the nude palettes, and I wanted to try a couple of their products out when I got the chance. Suffice to say, I wasn't blown away with either of them since they haven't had a post dedicated to them since I bought them.


Each one comes packaged in a sleeve. The cover of each of the eyeshadows is the exact same tacky cheetah print. I really despise animal print anything, and this is no exception. The print is a white cursive reading 'Shady Lady' with 'the Balm' listed underneath, next to a silhouette of a nude woman. It's no surprise that The Balm often uses nude women as their marketing, and I still hate it. 

Each of the eyeshadows contains .12 oz of product, which is a good amount for a single eyeshadow. The packaging is a cardboard, with a magnet enclosure, and a small mirror for each shadow. Not necessary, but a nice touch.


The two shadows I picked, were Curvy Cami and Sexy Stacey.


Curvy Cami:
Red violet with shimmer. I think this one is a very warm, dusty violet and it just looks really beautiful in the pan, and on the skin.

Sexy Stacey:
A pewter shimmer. Nothing too unique, and out of the two, this one caused the most fallout.

--

The shadows themselves weren't terrible. They were pigmented, and felt smooth to the touch. They had their fair share of fallout, and I felt compelled to do my eyeshadow first, when I usually do it last.

Do I think that they're worth the regular $16 price tag? Probably not. Aside from Curvy Cami which I really enjoyed, I wasn't drawn to any of the other shades. The packaging kills whatever desires I would have, because I just find it to be ugly, unappealing, and tacky; like something made for a small child instead of an adult, or a teenager. It doesn't help that I wasn't blown away with the shadows themselves either.

I personally would skip out on future Shady Lady purchases, even though there are quite a few products (like the lou-manizers, the Instain blushes, etc.) that I have on my makeup wishlist.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment