Monday, August 17, 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Smoky Topaz

Hello again readers!

Just popping in for a quick review of the Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Smoky Topaz! Out of all of the colors offered, this was the only one I wanted. I'm not sure if I'll be buying any of the others, even though I really enjoy this one.


The packaging of the Ultra HD Lip Lacquers is a long, plastic tube with a silver cap. On top of the cap, is a plastic gem. It's kind of silly, but I rather like the gem. It's pretty cute, and adds a bit of texture to the otherwise smooth packaging.

The applicator is a brush applicator, with small, short bristles. I was a little skeptical about it, but it worked out in it's favor; delivering a good application quickly, while loading up the brush with product. In a sense, having that much product loaded on the brush is not always a good thing, with the initial swatch (bottom), compared to after the product has been wiped on the lips and then reapplied to the top or bottom lip (top). I enjoyed it, but I am aware that others really dislike how the product is applied.

Direct Sunlight
Flash

The scent of this gloss isn't anything groundbreaking; it has a soft, vanilla scent, and the scent of most other glosses with that plastic, chemical smell. It's not to die for, but I also don't hate it. It lingers for a few minutes, before disappearing; whether the scent is really gone or if it just got light enough that I stopped noticing it to be debatable.

I found the color to be the most coveted for me, since it was a gorgeous rose beige gloss with shimmer. I didn't like the shimmer at first, but it ended up giving this gloss bonus points. 

I first wore this when I worked elections, and the gloss itself is stickier than I expected to be. Not uncomfortable, and it did not start glooping together, but still tacky. After about 5 hours, I noticed the gloss feeling was gone, and expected my lips to be bare. To my surprise, it still held on to some of the color, and the shimmer was still there, making my lips look healthy and moisturized (even tough they weren't). I was really impressed with it!

I really liked this gloss, but like I said the other colors just don't do it for me. Especially since each lip gloss is about 7-9 dollars!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment