Monday, July 15, 2013

E.L.F. Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick - Midnight Rendeivous and Forest Nymph

Hello again readers~

I enjoy jumbo eye pencils, they're great on their own, or as a base for your eyeshadows. They're versitile, and easy to use! E.L.F. launched their own line of them, in a variety of different colours. Me being me, I picked two of the darker ones for myself.



Midnight Rendeivous is a black with silver and gold shimmer. It looks really good in the tube, but I hated it on my skin. It wasn't very pigmented at all, and needed a bunch of swatches to get a decent colour pay-off. It was more of a grey-black then a true black.

Forest Nymph is a warm, coppery brown with shimmer. I liked this colour better, and it applied easier.

Aside from the colour differences, they both performed the same:
Terribly!

I can list the pros and cons right now:

Pros:
-Some of the colour choices are pigmented
-Easy to apply
-Twist-up applicator, so you don't need to sharpen
-Cheap! $2

Cons:
-Don't blend out, or they'll fade
-They fade under two hours
-They crease like CRAZY! Even with a good primer!
-Some of the colours aren't very pigmented
-They smell weird, and not in a good way at all

Overall: 1/5
Not worth your money. Put forward another couple of dollars and pick up a NYX, or even a Milani Jumbo Eye Pencil. These were a good idea, but didn't live up to my expectations at all.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment