Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spoiled Polishes - Distant Memory, Deeper Dive, and Are Mermaids Real?

Hello again readers~

Found these sitting in the archives and never got around to posting them. My bad! No cleanup on them either... Oops.

Spoiled polishes are by Wet n Wild, and come in a bunch of different colours from chunky glitters, to cremes, to shimmers, to neons. It has a little something for everyone, and at 2 dollars a pop, you can't really resist much.

Distant Memory



Distant Memory is a bright turquoise with blue and green shimmer. I used two coats for the photo, but you can still see the tips of my nails, so maybe three would be better. It dries to a semi-matte finish, so I put a layer of top coat over it. I like the color enough, but it was a little hard to control, since the polish was a little runny. It wasn't terrible though.

Deeper Dive



Deeper dive  is a sheer jelly blue polish with green, blue, and yellow flakes. I really hated when I first started to apply, because it's very sheer. Even with three coats (ring finger!) you can still see the tip of my nail. It was very frustrating. I thought to layer it, and got wonderful results! I put one layer over one coat of Ebony Hates Chris by Wet n Wild. It also looks really good layered over other blues.

Are Mermaids Real?



Are Mermaids Real? is a very light blue toned violet base polish with a large amount of gold shimmer. I had this polish before, got rid of it, and bought it again after thinking to put it over black. I will never get tired of black and gold combos, and this is no exception! I used two coats on the ring finger, but I could have done three. It does show the nail tip, but for some reason it didn't bother me as much as Deeper Dive did. I used one coat over Ebony Hates Chris by Wet n Wild

Once again, they are worth spending a couple dollars here or there, and with a decent sized selection, you can't go (terribly) wrong. Go ahead and do something different! 

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment