Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Nicole by OPI - Yellow It's Me, Daffy Dill, and Wavy Navy

Hello again readers~

Since I found these polishes super cheap (under 2 dollars each) I wanted to group them together and make a quick post!

Yellow It's Me


Yellow It's Me is a sheer yellow jelly polish with orange shimmer.

Of out all three, this was the hardest polish to work with. It was too sheer (as seen on the ring finger) since it's a jelly polish to truly stay on it's own. I layered it over white, and as you can see, I should use more than one layer of it over white since the application is streaky. It's not that noticeable in real life, but my camera picked up every little streak.

The formula was very runny, and clean up was an absolute nightmare. I couldn't even get it all tidied up, and I ended up giving up.

I used one coat over Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, and three coats on my ring finger. Should go with at least four, maybe five if you choose to wear it on it's own. Layering over another yellow like Sinful Colors - Unicorn would be a better bet.

Daffy Dill


Daffy Dill is a sort of chartruse/lime green creme mix.

I was really drawn to this polish, and with the obvious blurb of the middle finger, so was fuzz! I had to pull fuzz off that nail, and it left ugly little indents in the nail. :(

This polish was decent to work with. Not too runny, not too thick either, and the colour is so odd that I fell in love.

I used two coats, but three would have been best.

Wavy Navy 


My favourite of the three! Wavy Navy is a navy blue polish with shimmer.

This polish was so shiny! The shimmer reflects light so well, and it just looks absolutely stunning. I had high hopes for this polish, and it really lived up to how I thought it would be. It does stain, however, which is a downside, but the formula was great to work with.

I used two coats for full opacity.

Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment